What happened to Nora Batty?

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Was it something I said?

8|Do not trade me a Rabbit and hand me a Hare. (I know the strain of species in Leporidae).

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

• It must have been threats to kill!! Steve 13 applies every nasty spout in the book - he seems to be fireproof. Don't get me wrong I don't want him or anyone banned from my opinion.

I do accept good standards and moderation of the rules make for a successful forum.

8|Do not trade me a Rabbit and hand me a Hare. (I know the strain of species in Leporidae).

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

• No, are they visible?

• I guess so.

It would be a laborious task to remove them without destroying every thread Norra contributed to.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• It must be OK to ask a question??

• It must have been threats to kill!! Steve 13 applies every nasty spout in the book - he seems to be fireproof. Don't get me wrong I don't want him or anyone banned from my opinion.

I do accept good standards and moderation of the rules make for a successful forum.

What a vile made up BS post from a far too frequent source

• …fairly certain Forum rules forbid conversion regarding banned members??

That's ridiculous. I am a watch enthusiast, and thrown off of a site for discussing fake watches. I wasn't promoting them, far from it, but how bloody ridiculous. It's cancel culture

The intelligent are being oppressed so the stupid don't get offended

• We don't have enough members to ban anyone

True.

But as an absolute minimum, I ask that members abide by the rules I set. Unfortunately, I have given the wrong impression to some people as I have turned a blind eye to some breaches of these rules for ages, especially if the members are long-standing.

As from two weeks ago, due to a number of things including constant spam attacks to this site, which members rarely see because I make sure of that, I needed to enforce every rule and wrote to those who were constantly breaching certain rules. Unfortunately, Norra decided that she wasn't going to accept all the rules... I asked politely, but she decided it wasn't for her and that's that.

• I maybe still remembering the Digital Spy Forum rules.

I was a long-standing member of them, I practically created their cable section and yet my account was banned, as I said something "offensive" about a certain football player. I don't even like fooking football! I should've stuck to media stuff.

• Yes, me too. I wish things could have been different.

Sometimes, perhaps turning a blind eye is the best way, I don't know. I have always believed that no rule should be absolute, but when someone does something and then does something else, then something else again, a line must be drawn.

The door is always open to Norra, if she changes her mind.

• The forum has rules. If posters refuse to adhere to the rules then the best thing for everybody is that they leave the forum permanently..

They are clear enough "Please treat other members in a constructive manner and abide by our Forum Rules at all times."

I would like to see more moderation done to ensure compliance with the first part of that statement as there are too many posts containing personal insults, attacking the poster instead of the post subject. It's not necessary and is poor forum etiquet.

The Voice of Reason

• The forum has rules. If posters refuse to adhere to the rules then the best thing for everybody is that they leave the forum permanently..

They are clear enough "Please treat other members in a constructive manner and abide by our Forum Rules at all times."

I would like to see more moderation done to ensure compliance with the first part of that statement as there are too many posts containing personal insults, attacking the poster instead of the post subject. It's not necessary and is poor forum etiquet.

I agree with all of that Mike. Having posted on many political forums, the problems i find are with left wingers. Their arguments rarely have any logic, as left wingers are generally idealists, rather than realists, they then resort to personal insults through sheer frustration. That said, I prefer a forum with mixed opinions, so one has to take the rough with the smooth.

The intelligent are being oppressed so the stupid don't get offended

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!