King Charles diagnosed with cancer

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • This must be a shock to Prince William - he may become top dog earlier than expected, although the official line is that Charles will resume his official duties after treatment.

Time to dig out that ‘Teach Yourself How To Be A King’ book.

• Regardless of what may happen with Charles now, he was only ever going to be a short term monarch in any case due to his age.

I don't wish Charles ill, but neither do I have warm fuzzy feelings for him either, that said, this announcement was a surprise.

• I am not a royalist nevertheless I always thought the old Queen could have retired and let him have a go before he became an old man .

• Regardless of what may happen with Charles now, he was only ever going to be a short term monarch in any case due to his age.

I don't wish Charles ill, but neither do I have warm fuzzy feelings for him either, that said, this announcement was a surprise.

I am inclined to agree, but both his parents lived until their late 90s. He could have 15 years+ in front of him yet!

• At the end of the day he is my King, I wish him all the best and feel sure they will get to grips with this.

I guess I am a royalist, it kind of goes with military service tbh.

Did your parents have any children that lived.

• I am not a Monarchist. I took two oaths to Her Majesty Heirs and Successors - but I have never been a fan of Charles and the privileged.

8|Do not trade me a Rabbit and hand me a Hare. (I know the strain of species in Leporidae).

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

• Charles has become more popular than I thought he would be, and when William and his wife Kate ascend to the Throne, the monarchy will become more popular than ever unless something unforeseen happens.

• He would tell Camilla's husband to leave his own home as he was on the way to take Camilla to bed. This while married to Diana.

8|Do not trade me a Rabbit and hand me a Hare. (I know the strain of species in Leporidae).

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

• Charles has become more popular than I thought he would be, and when William and his wife Kate ascend to the Throne, the monarchy will become more popular than ever unless something unforeseen happens.

'more popular than ever' Please get real, it ain't going to happen. In modern times the popularity of the monarchy peaked in the 1940s

• 'more popular than ever' Please get real, it ain't going to happen. In modern times the popularity of the monarchy peaked in the 1940s

In modern times, people are obsessed with personalities, and William and Kate prove more popular than the rest of the Royal Family put together. Look how often they are appearing in those glossy magazines.

• In modern times, people are obsessed with personalities, and William and Kate prove more popular than the rest of the Royal Family put together. Look how often they are appearing in those glossy magazines.

Which rather proves my point. The Royal Family are well less popular than they were in the 1940s

Public support for the monarchy falls to record low | National Centre for Social Research
    British Social Attitudes data shows that public support for the monarchy has fallen to a record low.
    natcen.ac.uk
  • Old news, Echo.

Says a lot about his character. I don't like him. But I do not wish any person to have cancer or ill health.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!