Cereals may cause heart attacks

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Vitamin added to breakfast cereals could be linked to heart disease
    Niacin, found in breakfast cereals and other 'fortified' food products was recommended to lower cholesterol. Dr Stanley Hazen, of Cleveland Clinic in Ohio said…
    www.dailymail.co.uk

What do we make of this?

I eat cereals every day, what else am I supposed to eat for breakfast?? But it's not just cereals, sliced bread, pasta and anything with fortified wheat has the "killer" vitamin in it.

Is there anything safe we can eat?:rolleyes:

• Horizon February 19, 2024 at 10:17 PM

Changed the title of the thread from “Cearals may cause heart attacks” to “Cereals may cause heart attacks”.
  • LOL .... don't forget Sunak is on the ropes while Starmer is getting positive news reports.

AND >>>> The College Of Policing is pushing a Bill for the use of Facial Recognition.

Next time there is political controversy or something they want to get past us they will announce - "Pension Age to Be Raised to 80"!!

Remember: "Young people to be enlisted to fight in support of Ukraine" (Conscription) because the British military can not get enough volunteer recruits???

That was another of these fake news items intended to cover real news.

8|Do not trade me a Rabbit and hand me a Hare. (I know the strain of species in Leporidae).

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

• I should be dead then.

I’ve eaten cereal virtually every day of my life. Still reasonably fit, good health, people tell me I don’t look my age (that means younger before anyone takes the piss) and I don’t particularly watch what I eat…although I hardly ever drink alcohol and I don’t smoke and never done drugs or paid for sex (irrelevant to the topic but hey-ho).

I’m going to file this story in the let’s get people to stop eating cereal so we don’t grow so much grain which causes climate change category.

What do you reckon?

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• LOL .... don't forget Sunak is on the ropes while Starmer is getting positive news reports.

AND >>>> The College Of Policing is pushing a Bill for the use of Facial Recognition.

Next time there is political controversy or something they want to get past us they will announce - "Pension Age to Be Raised to 80"!!

Remember: "Young people to be enlisted to fight in support of Ukraine" (Conscription) because the British military can not get enough volunteer recruits???

That was another of these fake news items intended to cover real news.

What has this nonsense got to do with added vitamins being put into food?

If you can't reply to a thread with a proper post relevant to the thread, then don't post.

• I don't know.

I'm seeing lots of youtube vids which seem to be against grains, so that does seem to be the "thing" now.

But if you've been eating your cereals all your life and haven't seen any side effects, I reckon I'll continue to risk it.

My cereal of choice is 'Eat Natural Nuts and Seeds', which is surprisingly tasty.

No good for me. I'm allergic to nuts.:)

• Beware of food nazis. They have a scary story for every ordinary foodstuff that has tradition stamped on it. They also, conversely and simultaneously, have a good news story about certain foods that are purported to cure cancer, diabetes, impotence, aging and any other complaint imaginable. It's all in the web page click bait.

• De facto, I am saying such news reports on food are invented and pathetic. That people take them seriously is also a tad weird.

The MSM selects them to make them headline issues.

8|Do not trade me a Rabbit and hand me a Hare. (I know the strain of species in Leporidae).

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

• They have decided to use dementia as their latest fad thing (which is evil of them as dementia is a serious condition and can't be created at whim by silly clickbait articles. It can't be cured by them either.) I've just seen that they are now saying grain causes dementia. Utter bull.

• I have never seen dementia in old people when staying abroad - in the Med countries.

• What kind of weirdo would go looking for signs of dementia in the native population when on holiday?

I spend many months abroad. I see elderly people always fit and healthy and active, well into their 90s, the absence of unfit elderly people is conspicuous.

I know you love Biden but not everyone is as fuxked up as him.

• I spend many months abroad. I see elderly people always fit and healthy and active, well into their 90s, the absence of unfit elderly people is conspicuous.

I know you love Biden but not everyone is as fuxked up as him.

:D

Don't assume my loathing for the orange-skinned former con-man-der in chief (one of Jimmy Kimmel's lines) means I'm a Biden fan. If they're the cream of their respective crops then the USA is well and truly buggered.

The growing rise of so called Christian nationalism over there reminds me of what lead to my dear old grand-dad getting killed during WWII with Trump spearheading that entire movement for purely personal reasons (namely to avoid accountability and his own obsessive greed) and it strikes me as being by far the worse of the two options currently on offer in the US... but that's a debate to be had in the appropriate thread.

• I have never seen dementia in old people when staying abroad - in the Med countries.

Actually, neither have I. Nor that I was looking for it.

Unless someone is only mildly affected, you wouldn't notice it anyway and when it gets severe, they stay inside.

• Actually, neither have I. Nor that I was looking for it.

Unless someone is only mildly affected, you wouldn't notice it anyway and when it gets severe, they stay inside.

I'm reminded of something Carl Pilkington came out with on one of those animated Rickey Gervais show podcasts when he said he was walking through London and spotted the legs of a homeless person sticking out of a shop doorway and as he walked passed clocked that the guy was Chinese.

"never seen one of those before" he exclaimed

After winding him up about it for a while Gervais had to concede that he'd never seen a homeless Chinese person in the flesh either.

• I have spent many months abroad, and met thousands of people aged 65 or more, many aged 90, they are always outside, drinking, laughing, exceptionally well dressed, and never with physical or mental impairment. They drive, walk, ride motorbikes, and carry tools. Do people get ill? of course they do.

• Personally I think the Brits drink too much. So do the Germans, Russians and Scandinavians.

This may be why Eco hasn't seen that many with dementia in the Med countries.

That is not an accurate interpretation of reality. Many countries give you food with your alcohol, fr free, it comes with the drink.

• I don't mean social drinking, viz, having a drink or two with a meal or at sundown or a beer or two after sport or whatever. I mean the terrible solid binge drinking that these aforementioned nations tend to have got into. It's known to cause brain damage. It is also responsible for foetal alcohol syndrome in children born to women who drank while pregnant and it is responsible for lowering the IQ in children born to drinkers. Pickling yourself is just not a good idea.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!