DEI - Diversity Equity and Inclusion: A Toxic Trojan Horse? What Do You Think?

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • I've fallen for nothing, you clearly have.

How many 'Government departments and public bodies' do you think there are? it's way way more than 250 so in fact there is nothing like the compulsion you'd wish us to misbelieve. But the DT wasn't going to tell you that was it.

The staff here send me bizarre messages I'm barred from replying to and now I'm blocked from starting new conversations. icon_rolleyes.gif

This place could have been good but 'could' is so last tense. I'll be back, maybe but no one hold their breath.

• Would you like me to call it what it so often is: fuckwit bigotry?

Bigotry, another worn out insult. Discuss the points, make your case, desist with the purile and pointless name calling. Nobody gives a shit, debate or shut up.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• Go on then show us where I've called anyone a name in the above

The staff here send me bizarre messages I'm barred from replying to and now I'm blocked from starting new conversations. icon_rolleyes.gif

This place could have been good but 'could' is so last tense. I'll be back, maybe but no one hold their breath.

• So why does this appear in the Telegraph?

The scheme counts 250 Government departments and public bodies among its members. They pay thousands for guidance on gender neutral spaces, pronouns and trans inclusion and are ranked on the charity's Workplace Equality Index. . . .

Interesting that when the Times contemporaneously (we're talking May 2021) covered the same point it said:

'The scheme counts 250 government departments and public bodies among its 850 members, which pay for guidance on issues such as pronouns and gender-neutral spaces. . . '

The wording it so similar it has to have come from a government sourced release from Liz Truss's then equalities office but the DT chose to censor out the 850 and the limiting words 'such as' to give a false impression. Which of course you fell for. So owned.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/liz-truss-urges-official-withdrawal-from-stonewall-diversity-scheme-9df7pvsrn#:

When I ran a large department I was very aware it had a number of people that certainly didn't fit the white, heterosexual, is or will be married with 2.4 children, fully able model. We didn't have a contract with Stonewall and I never argued for one but I did look at their website and (many others) for advice. My recall is they were very sensible.

• My recall is they were very sensible.

They were until their mission was undermined by legislation catching up with their demands. They then had to reinvent themselves as the gay rights business was essentially made redundant.

This is when they got into the LGBTQ movement (not the same as gay) and DEI game. It was a case of diversify or die.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• I'll go take a look at what they actually say now

• Not finding anything outrageous. Can't find any reference to those 100s of genders OB assures us they supposedly demand we accept. They did have these points which are both somewhat depressing and unsurprising about our society. https://stonewall.org.uk/

- One in five LGBTQ+ people were the target of negative comments at work

- Over a third of LGBTQ+ people feel they need to hide who they are at work

- One in five feel that being LGBTQ+ limits their job opportunities

Not being LGBTQ myself I can't assess how bad this is for those that are but surely we should do better.

• Not finding anything outrageous. Can't find any reference to those 100s of genders OB assures us they supposedly demand we accept. They did have these points which are both somewhat depressing and unsurprising about our society. https://stonewall.org.uk/

Not being LGBTQ myself I can't assess how bad this is for those that are but surely we should do better.

Those that live outside of the established norms of society, for whatever reason, be that sexuality, religious or cultural differences or some other reason won’t feel like they belong to the club. Most of the time it’s how they feel (as you state above) rather than the reality. It’s the same with depression, it’s all about how the individual feels rather than the reality. If the individual feels bad about who they are, why should they look to others for validation. As I said I don’t give a shit what people get up to in the bedroom or with whom, it’s none of my business and it should stay that way.

In a working environment team spirit and the ethic of working towards common objectives is crucial for success. Therefore fit within a team is important and a bad fit disrupts the whole team.

Who are we ?
    Everyone who works?
    Who are these people who go around making allegedly negative comments about fellow workers?
    How do you know the sexuality of your fellow worker ( unless they tell you) anyway ?

• Most British people are not like that at least not the sort of people I associate with , they are not racist nor to they have names which you may well be familiar with but I’m not, for gay or disabled people

I agree. Colour, ethnicity and gender are from birth as well as some disabilities. I would never verbally attack a person on such characteristics. The law protects people - Religion, age et al. included.

But when I am told a man with a penis can use girls toilets and drag queens can teach young children by perverse sexuality then I say thats enough. Nothing will make me adhere to such shit, not even a law.

I too find that the vast majority of British are very understanding, empathic and just want a secure productive life under the law.

8| All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered: the point is to discover them. (Galileo)

IF YOU STAND FOR NOTHING - YOU FALL FOR EVERYTHING.

• Who are we ?
    Everyone who works?
    Who are these people who go around making allegedly negative comments about fellow workers?
    How do you know the sexuality of your fellow worker ( unless they tell you) anyway ?

Well in at least one case because she told me she was getting married to her girlfriend that's how.

As for 'we' it is anyone who lives in the UK and I repeat we have to be better than freely allowing abuse, harassment and discrimination against good people for innate characteristics they can do nothing about.

• You can repeat yourself until the cows come home it doesn’t make you right .

Have you thought of changing your jobs and working among a better group of people ?

• I've told you before, I'm retired.

As for your apparent assertion that a group of people would be 'better' if they had no minorities in it then do you realise how bigoted that looks. Maybe you could clarify your comment.

• You are somewhat disturbingly obsessed with this genders point aren't you. Do you not realise how absurd it is to pretend that DEI is all about such? It isn't, it isn't even remotely about it.

Yes, it is, but I and others are highlighting that because it is so absurd. And what you find difficult to comprehend is that the information given to participants in these waste-of-money training courses does not do anything to change behaviour, except to the extent that it will reinforce the animosity of those who resent having this tripe rammed down their throats.

How dare this bunch of entitled idiots try to dictate how we think,

• No one is trying to dictate how you think, do keep up.

How you behave is of course different especially if you cause harm to innocent people.

• Well in at least one case because she told me she was getting married to her girlfriend that's how.

As for 'we' it is anyone who lives in the UK and I repeat we have to be better than freely allowing abuse, harassment and discrimination against good people for innate characteristics they can do nothing about.

Abuse of who Steve.

The vast majority feel abused and insulted by DEI.

• Abuse of who Steve.

The vast majority feel abused and insulted by DEI.

No they don't. The vast majority of you maybe, there's still hope for your left big toe.

I bet you still haven't read that link about what DEI actually is.

• No one is trying to dictate how you think, do keep up.

How you behave is of course different especially if you cause harm to innocent people.

I say again, and how will this nonsense help? It will just harden attitudes against the whole idea. There is a limit to the extent people are prepared to be manipulated.

Being polite and understanding of others doesn’t require this obsessive training.

• No they don't. The vast majority of you maybe, there's still hope for your left big toe.

I bet you still haven't read that link about what DEI actually is.

What do you take us for, Steve. I was up for treating others as equals well before my peers and even my own family. However, this indoctrination of the population really is not helpful, and again, is unnecessary. You really do have a very simple view of things sometimes, Steve.

Of course people need to treat others with respect. But this really is OTT.

• I say again, and how will this nonsense help? It will just harden attitudes against the whole idea. There is a limit to the extent people are prepared to be manipulated.

Being polite and understanding of others doesn’t require this obsessive training.

It may harden attitudes in the serially bigoted but that's a minority that deserves no protection

If you've really managed to live your life so far without seeing some stupid harmful bigotry then you must have lived it wrapped up in cotton wool. Most of what goes on is from ignorance 'I was only having a laugh, she doesn't mind' like ignorance but we now know it's actually very harmful.

But you want to viciously oppose even trivial amounts (12p per employee) being spent on better awareness.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!