Boxing - Other Sports. Do You Think The Standards Are Very Low Compared To Past True Greats?

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • We do not see great characters in sports today. They are all flat, miserable, ungrateful - despite holding up huge Cheques of Millions of Dollars/Pounds.

Boxing has never been at such a low level. I would not put the current top six above 150 in my all-time best list.

Snooker players never smile. They concede games on having to deal with a couple of snookers? Its called SNOOKER. Not Pot Blacks.

Tennis Players wack ACES all day - never smile, and in fact, they exude misery.

Joshua just beat a useless MMA fighter - Ngannu - and is rated to be an elite, great boxer??? I have never seen a worse heavyweight in the so-called "elite" slots.

8|Do not trade me a Rabbit and hand me a Hare. (I know the strain of species in Leporidae).

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

• It’s the modern world Echo. It’s all about the money these day and I’m not talking about prize pots. It’s TV rights, media rights, image rights, merchandising and in terms of boxing carefully selected opponents and avoidance of opponents that might beat you and spoil the gravy train for the promoter.

The fights we should have seen but never did:

Joshua vs Wilder

Joshua vs Fury

ever wonder why?

Always some feeble excuse.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• It’s the modern world Echo. It’s all about the money these day and I’m not talking about prize pots. It’s TV rights, media rights, image rights, merchandising and in terms of boxing carefully selected opponents and avoidance of opponents that might beat you and spoil the gravy train for the promoter.

The fights we should have seen but never did:

Joshua vs Wilder

Joshua vs Fury

ever wonder why?

Always some feeble excuse.

Exactly. The "why" is in the MONEY. No way could Joshua ever last more than two rounds against Fury (and I dont rate Fury) it would mean the end of the cash flow.

8|Do not trade me a Rabbit and hand me a Hare. (I know the strain of species in Leporidae).

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!