Displaying The Flag?

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • I display the flag of my country of birth, (not Britain) in the form of a sticker on the back of my car. Given the current attitude towards the Union Flag and St George Flag- England Flag - should I report someone if they have the Union/England Flag - Sticker on their car?

PS: Of course, I must be free to display my flag - YES???

8|Do not trade me a Rabbit and hand me a Hare. (I know the strain of species in Leporidae).

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

• What is this supposed 'current attitude towards the Union Flag and St George Flag- England Flag ' of which you speak?

• What is this supposed 'current attitude towards the Union Flag and St George Flag- England Flag ' of which you speak?

It has been headline news on lots of channels. Its all over YouTube. GB News. Talk TV.

People have been arrested or forced to stop showing the Union Flag or St George Flag in public. Under threat of violence from the police. While Pro Palestinian groups are permitted to wave their flags (includes Islamic emblems) while shouting threats of violence and murder. The Police even assist the Pro Palestinians.

This is 100% fact. Indisputable.

I like your "supposed" inflection on the subject. You have already set your stall out.

8|Do not trade me a Rabbit and hand me a Hare. (I know the strain of species in Leporidae).

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

• The Union Flag is OUR flag . It supersedes any other flag in the UK. Anybody who is unhappy with that, is free to fcuk off to a country which flies their chosen flag as it's own. X(

The Voice of Reason

• Yes but there are things you cannot do with the flag. If you are deliberately using it to provoke violence or in contravention of planning regulations then the law can get involved and same applies to Palestinian flags.

The wearing of hang glider emblems on Gaza related protests (in effect showing support for Hamas) has already been (rightly) ruled illegal.

• S13:

So - Pro Palestinian flag waving shouting Murder and incitement to violence and hatred and a guy holding a Union Flag in the English Capital City?? Seems like you are choosing one flag holders rights over another.

• S13:

So - Pro Palestinian flag waving shouting Murder and incitement to violence and hatred and a guy holding a Union Flag in the English Capital City?? Seems like you are choosing one flag holders rights over another.

No, Echo. We are talking here about provocation. Do you really think an individual or group of individuals deliberately trying to cause trouble like that against an excitable group of protesters should not be arrested?

The police are trying to prevent carnage. I find it difficult to understand why you can’t see that.

There is nothing wrong or illegal per se in displaying the union flag and nobody said it was.

• I think the police should don riot gear and get stuck in and deal with people who incite Murder and violence and hatred. Thats what I think.

I don't care who it is - what they represent or where they come from.

We have laws in this country. Its that simple as far as I am concerned.

The Police should take a leaf from the Chief cop who decided to drag Tommy Robinson out - 10 cops.

• main-qimg-4c0c89a8c9f1d062916b4c1b69902bdd

• So your supposed 'current attitude' consists of false juxtapositioning.

Can't be arsed to respond further

I do not recall seeking your approval. I never seek approval. I am secure in my capacity to discern and form my stance on every matter.

• I think the police should don riot gear and get stuck in and deal with people who incite Murder and violence and hatred. Thats what I think.

I don't care who it is - what they represent or where they come from.

We have laws in this country. Its that simple as far as I am concerned.

The Police should take a leaf from the Chief cop who decided to drag Tommy Robinson out - 10 cops.

Sounds like you just want conflict. No wonder you are so in love with Tommy Robinson or whatever he wants to call himself.

• I've never been a "flag" person. Closest I ever got to owning one was a pair of union jack boxer shorts I was given as a birthday present 30 odd years ago. More than happy to sing the national anthem at Twickenham and cheer on the England rugby team but that's about as far as my sense of national pride stretches. It's not something i've ever really ...got.

Why?

Because I've no idea what the GPS co-ordinates of where I spilled out of my mother has got to do with my sense of self. It's simply geography and good fortune (can think of a lot of worse places to be born in) and nothing more afaic.

• There you go again, trying to manipulate the facts. We know why you didn’t put up the full article. For the benefit of those who haven’t seen it, here we go.

https://www.reuters.com/fact-check/fis…%20Check%20team.

Exactly. To be blunt Echo was posting lies yet again. Whether he knew they were false or was just being owned by a third party liar would be hard to determine.

This finding idiot memes on sus internet sites and contaminating threads here with them is way beyond irritating now and of course that's why they are being posted: to piss people off.

• Exactly. To be blunt Echo was posting lies yet again. Whether he knew they were false or was just being owned by a third party liar would be hard to determine.

This finding idiot memes on sus internet sites and contaminating threads here with them is way beyond irritating now and of course that's why they are being posted: to piss people off.

You mean as with your constant posting on so-called "Far" right people - you never show evidence. I have posts on here challenging you to show evidence on your numerous claims. You have yet to do so.

That you feel irritated and act as a moderator is something you need to come to terms with.

• Pictured: Golden Chippy owner Chris Kanizi standing beside the Union Flag mural painted on the side of his restaurant

From the Mail. Often cited by forum members ...

An award-winning fish and chip shop has been ordered to remove a Union flag mural by council officials over claims it is 'inappropriate for the area'.

Chris Kanizi, 65, who owns Golden Chippy, in Greenwich, south-east London, has been told to paint over the mural of the humanoid fish on the wall of his restaurant, which has been adored by tourists.

Greenwich council said they received a 'number of complaints' about the mural, which features the phrase 'A Great British Meal', they said was an 'unauthorised advert'.

Mr Kansizi, who has been running Golden Chippy for 20 years and lives two doors down, said he doesn't believe people were complaining about the mural, which was deemed 'inappropriate' according to the Telegraph.

Back in 2016, the 65-year-old had a battle with the council over a 17ft sign above the door of his restaurant, which was previously named London's top-rated restaurant on TripAdvisor. The restaurateur eventually took down the 17ft sign in 2018.

The new mural, which was painted by local artists Graffiti Interiors, is a recreation of the 2016 sign.

• Exactly. To be blunt Echo was posting lies yet again. Whether he knew they were false or was just being owned by a third party liar would be hard to determine.

"Posting lies yet again" LOL LOL ..... "sus internet sites" LOL LOL Stop it your killing me from laughter.

• Why do you keep posting the same story over? Post 17 is the same dumb story as post 10 and it was shown to be dumb by post 13.

Either you are trolling or have memory issues, please say which.

• I see nothing wrong with the mural, it's excellent..... It's the brainless looney left who seems to find anything supporting the UK to be offensive.. Might be something to do with In-Breeding and or reading the Guardian....;)

The Voice of Reason

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!