New development of an old idea

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Back to the future…

5 days to cross the Atlantic?

I can see this, like all variants, having a useful place in a diverse portfolio of air transport options. But it isn’t suitable for everything.

Like EVs have a place but are not the whole answer, despite the government trying to convince everyone that is the case.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• Back to the future…

5 days to cross the Atlantic?

I can see this, like all variants, having a useful place in a diverse portfolio of air transport options. But it isn’t suitable for everything.

Like EVs have a place but are not the whole answer, despite the government trying to convince everyone that is the case.

Some years back a company in Germany tried to develop something along these lines , it was planned more as a load lifter which could carry heavy equipment into remote areas

5 days to the US could sold as an exclusive cruise , I’d love have to seen & flown on the old Zeppelins

• Some years back a company in Germany tried to develop something along these lines , it was planned more as a load lifter which could carry heavy equipment into remote areas

5 days to the US could sold as an exclusive cruise , I’d love to seen & flown on the old Zeppelins

I’m pretty sure top speed won’t be much and bad weather could make things hairy to put it mildly given the likely altitude this would operate at.

Hopefully they will steer clear of Hydrogen 😵‍💫

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• I would love to see this succeed. It has been going a long long time though and still it refuses to die. The US Army was going to buy them but cancelled around 2010 (IIRC it did not perform as advertised)

It's not great publicity though that it has a nickname of 'the flying buttocks'

The staff here send me bizarre messages I'm barred from replying to and now I'm blocked from starting new conversations. icon_rolleyes.gif

This place could have been good but 'could' is so last tense. I'll be back, maybe but no one hold their breath.

• Some years back a company in Germany tried to develop something along these lines , it was planned more as a load lifter which could carry heavy equipment into remote areas

5 days to the US could sold as an exclusive cruise , I’d love have to seen & flown on the old Zeppelins

I've been following the story about the new style zeppelins for quite some years, but it went quiet in recent times, so thanks for that link.

I reckon it could be this tech that might take a lot of the freight off our roads in the future, but as for the five day "cruise", that I'm not so sure about.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!