Facial Recognition - For or Against ... why?

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • I have absolutely no problem with CCTV. It is an important tool for the police in cutting crime.

I am really not concerned in any way with the 'downsides'. The advantages outweigh the disadvantages, in my opinion.

• I have absolutely no problem with CCTV. It is an important tool for the police in cutting crime.

I am really not concerned in any way with the 'downsides'. The advantages outweigh the disadvantages, in my opinion.

Until social credit scores come into existence in the UK and it becomes known to the authorities that you are a moderator on a non preferred social media site and as a result you can no longer gain access to your local supermarket or public transport services and your children and grandchildren children suffer the same fate until you relinquish your non preferred choices as determined by the authorities.

This is where this is headed.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• Mostly I don't give a hoot as I am not a criminal, but what is annoying is this constant observation of us as if we were insects in an experiment or some kind of wildlife reserve project. I get the urge to swat drones with a tennis racket and shoot holes in CCTV cameras simply because they represent a bit of a cheek. I comprehend their essential crime fighting purpose, but I still object to being observed all the time.

Fortunately, where I am no camera gets to live long without being stolen 8)

• Politicians can no longer be trusted. Why should they be able to access data regarding our personal daily lives when they are all so fundamentally untrustworthy ?

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• Until social credit scores come into existence in the UK and it becomes known to the authorities that you are a moderator on a non preferred social media site and as a result you can no longer gain access to your local supermarket or public transport services and your children and grandchildren children suffer the same fate until you relinquish your non preferred choices as determined by the authorities.

This is where this is headed.

or you bank account.

8| All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered: the point is to discover them. (Galileo)

IF YOU STAND FOR NOTHING - YOU FALL FOR EVERYTHING.

• Mostly I don't give a hoot as I am not a criminal, . .

That's to miss that these systems have a tendency to regularly identify innocent people as criminals.

The staff here send me bizarre messages I'm barred from replying to and now I'm blocked from starting new conversations. icon_rolleyes.gif

This place could have been good but 'could' is so last tense. I'll be back, maybe but no one hold their breath.

• Yes, that's one of the annoying things about this sort of thing. As it is becoming a religion, many humans tend to think that their gods can't make mistakes.

• So you show them your ID to confirm that you’re not that person.

After they have smashed your front door down, dragged you from your bed and pushed your head into the floor to ensure compliance whilst cuffing you and marching you off the the station in front of your neighbours where you are stripped searched and anally probed before being slung into a cell whilst they gather evidence. They will also confiscate all yours and your families electronic devices and search them anyway because they mistook you for a murder suspect. Once they realise their mistake which could be some 24 hours later you will be released without apology and you might get your electronic devices back some time in the future.

You will be left to explain to your family and friends and neighbours that it was a case of mistaken identity, your reputation will never really recover.

If you somehow managed to stick one on a copper during the dawn raid arrest you will be charged with assaulting a police officer and resisting arrest even if they made a mistake.

• So you show them your ID to confirm that you’re not that person.

That only vaguely works if you know the ID of a person previously observed committing crime. And I wonder how you'd feel after the 135th time of missing having to go through the shaming and delay to your life if Facial ID keeps misidentifying you

The staff here send me bizarre messages I'm barred from replying to and now I'm blocked from starting new conversations. icon_rolleyes.gif

This place could have been good but 'could' is so last tense. I'll be back, maybe but no one hold their breath.

• There is no law preventing a person from wearing a face covering. Except in London protests.

8| All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered: the point is to discover them. (Galileo)

IF YOU STAND FOR NOTHING - YOU FALL FOR EVERYTHING.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!