When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • I know this is fiction, but damn does it sound plausible to me.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Display Spoiler

The idea that global temperatures could rise enough for certain fungus's to adapt and survive in the human body is the stuff of nightmares.

What on earth would we do if something like this were to ever happen? Are we ready for something like this in real life?

All I know is that I know nothing :/

• Well half the active posters on internet forums would stick their heads up their backsides and deny there was any need for lockdowns and then pretend that the real evil was any vaccine.

The staff here send me bizarre messages I'm barred from replying to and now I'm blocked from starting new conversations. icon_rolleyes.gif

This place could have been good but 'could' is so last tense. I'll be back, maybe but no one hold their breath.

• Why would it need to be the rise in global temperatures. The plot is already taking the presumptive step that rising temperature will lead to bad things for humans with new disease's.

I assume that as the temperature rises and the excessive taxation deployed to combat rising temperatures has not worked we humans will instead resort to what we do best which is to adapt to our surroundings . And the doctors wil do what they do best and come up with some remedies, maybe a vaccine for this.

We already have some pretty nasty diseases in the world, Ebola for example is not to be taken lightly and its an infectious as hell. But it seems it is mainly associated with shithole countries with poor hygiene.

The trouble with programmes like this is they latch on to current tropes and formulate a disaster scenario that in reality is highly unlikely and the world in its current guise would be well equipped to minimise or deal with anyway.

Just ask why Ebola has not become a global pandemic - its highly infectious, not easily treated or cured and almost always fatal but it has not gone global.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• Well half the active posters on internet forums would stick their heads up their backsides and deny there was any need for lockdowns and then pretend that the real evil was any vaccine.

Yep

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• I can deny without putting my head up my backside.

8| All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered: the point is to discover them. (Galileo)

IF YOU STAND FOR NOTHING - YOU FALL FOR EVERYTHING.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!