Creating Conversations .... ?

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • A bit late on this particular debate, but didn't we used to call football, soccer, too? And I don't mean two centuries ago, but even as recent as the 70s or 80s, or is my memory failing me?

• A bit late on this particular debate, but didn't we used to call football, soccer, too? And I don't mean two centuries ago, but even as recent as the 70s or 80s, or is my memory failing me?

It’s been interchangeable since I was a kid but now the Americans have adopted it because they call NFL football even though it’s more life Rugby, personally I get annoyed if anyone other than an American uses the term.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• Yeah, more interchangeable, I agree.

When I was a little kid, I used to have the football albums and purchased my weekly allowance of stickers for the soccer album. I'm sure that was called a soccer album.

• Horizon July 13, 2024 at 1:31 PM

Closed the thread.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!