Do you have all your own teeth?

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • I can't remember if I spoke about my "adventures" at the dentists last month or not, but after seeing a dental hygienist, one of my back teeth is now loose. As I've had previous problems with it, I intend to leave it and let it fall out.

This is going to me my first adult tooth that I lose and I'm curious, do you still have all your teeth and if you don't, at what age did you lose the first one?

• The teeth in my head are all mine, but I don't have a full set.

I lost a tooth in a football match whilst still in the army, have had some deep root canal fillings in a couple of others, and for the first time go every 6 months. I even got a deep polish for my daughter's wedding in February, but I didn't expect miracles after the abuse I've given my body over the years.

Hard to know what to say to you H not knowing your age or age bracket, but at some point it was likely to happen, just take it on the chin lol. I will avoid dentures for as long as possible, but if I had the money I might be tempted to get them all crowned. I just think some people look weird after there done.

Middle age is when your old classmates are so grey and wrinkled and bald they don't recognise you.

• The problem tooth has a deep hole in it and I was advised that root canal would normally be the best option, but as dentists and me don't "gel"...;) they filled the hole. Now, after the morons deep a deep clean on my teeth last month, they seem to have loosed it. It's also chipped too, so I reckon it maybe best just to let it go.

• Is it recoverable with a crown?

Middle age is when your old classmates are so grey and wrinkled and bald they don't recognise you.

• Another question for the board, and I was intending to make this a political subject, but for now, will stick it here.

I don't like my dentists. In my town, there is a choice of one, so I either accept these people or travel further a field. For some years now, I thought my dentists were dishonest and only interested in making money. Case in point, Band 1 NHS treatment should include a basic clean, but my dentists haven't done it in years. And now I've had problems and the dentists insisted that I saw a dental hygienist last month that cost £70.

I think it's a con.

So, my query is, when did these dental hygienists appear? I don't recall ever hearing of them twenty years ago. Do you think the NHS dentists are pushing people onto paid services to make more money?

I have to fill in a questionnaire every time I see my dentist and some of the questions they ask are, "do you have skin wrinkles?" "are you happy with the look of your skin?"

My dentists have just built a massive extension onto their building and I suspect they are going down the cosmetic surgery route. I just want decent dentists.

• Not reason why you shouldn't ask.

Root canal SURGERY.omg it's a filling, just goes deeper and takes a little longer. All done in a regular dentist appointment. If either can help you save the tooth it's worth it.

Hygenists have been around a little while, but like you I'd never seen one. There was always a cost in seeing the hygienist, but we never used to see nurse practitioners at the GP either. It's simply a way of reducing the minor procedures away from the dentist\doctor and some are really good.

As to the costs, if it's NHS those costs are chartered I believe and fairly standard across the country, just ask to ensure that even NHS dentists aren't trying to slip in something that may not be free under the NHS.

As for the extension, they may be trying to make room for further staff, if that's the case that can only work for you by making appointments more accessible.

• I don't know. Do you reckon I should ask the dentists about it?

I can't have root canal surgery. That's out of the question for me.

Why?

Just last year I was told that my top left wisdom tooth had to come out because of an abscess. I said maybe, cleared the abscess with antibiotics, contacted a brilliant dentist I know in Worthing and he root filled it. Completely painless after the injection - and he's very good with those.

I lost four teeth in my early years through my own stupidity and have ever since fought tooth and nail to save the rest. I have four crowns and three root filled teeth.

Oh and if a tooth is loose there is always the option of implants. My wife had one after she cracked the root of one of her teeth. An expensive and not always pleasant process but she's still got a full set of teeth.

• Yes, perfect teeth and very white. As do all my children.

8| "If we want things to stay as they are, things will have to change".

• That was my issue in my youth hence losing teeth that could have been rescued with earlier filling. I'm still nervous but have had a string of good dentists that are so reassuring and very expert at the injections

• I can't remember if I spoke about my "adventures" at the dentists last month or not, but after seeing a dental hygienist, one of my back teeth is now loose. As I've had previous problems with it, I intend to leave it and let it fall out.

This is going to me my first adult tooth that I lose and I'm curious, do you still have all your teeth and if you don't, at what age did you lose the first one?

Four teeth missing at the top, and I have a plate, and that isn't an issue. I also have a bottom plate that I don't wear because it is so damn uncomfortable. This is quite common

The intelligent are being oppressed so the stupid don't get offended

• Four teeth missing at the top, and I have a plate, and that isn't an issue. I also have a bottom plate that I don't wear because it is so damn uncomfortable. This is quite common

Is there any alternative to the plates, Bibbles?

• My nan had all her teeth out and a new kitchen Sink put in on the same day.

8| "If we want things to stay as they are, things will have to change".

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!