Brexit Under Threat

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • The Prime Minister plans to cosy up to the EU. This can only mean that Sir Keir Starmer wants Britain to re-join the Single Market, and presumably the Free Movement of goods and people as well. Technically we might still be outside the EU, but it's not really Brexit in my opinion. And some of the trade agreements with non-EU contries may come under attack from the EU. Let's hope that the Tories can get their act together and offer an electorable alternative to Labour in 2029.

• The Prime Minister plans to cosy up to the EU. This can only mean that Sir Keir Starmer wants Britain to re-join the Single Market, and presumably the Free Movement of goods and people as well. Technically we might still be outside the EU, but it's not really Brexit in my opinion. And some of the trade agreements with non-EU contries may come under attack from the EU. Let's hope that the Tories can get their act together and offer an electorable alternative to Labour in 2029.

cosy up to the EU ? The language of the Daily Mail

The EU is still a vital trading partner

No one is talking seriously talking about joining the single market , Labour are well aware that free movement would be unacceptable to the majority of the electorate

In the short term there may well be technical improvements to the deal that would benefit trade .

• cosy up to the EU ? The language of the Daily Mail

The EU is still a vital trading partner

No one is talking seriously talking about joining the single market , Labour are well aware that free movement would be unacceptable to the majority of the electorate

In the short term there may well be technical improvements to the deal that would benefit trade .

Starmer voted against Brexit 48 times and wanted a second referendum twice. Blair is pulling his strings and you can bet your life we will be a non-voting vassal state of the EU by the end of the year.

If we want to improve trade with the EU, tear up the TCA.

If Starmer tries to rejoin, he will lose the red wall to Farage overnight.

• Starmer voted against Brexit 48 times and wanted a second referendum twice. Blair is pulling his strings and you can bet your life we will be a non-voting vassal state of the EU by the end of the year.

The world has moved on ,on a personal level Starmer might like to rejoin but he knows that in the current political climate that is not possible.

In many ways we’re already a non voting member because we have to follow their rules to trade with them but that was always going to happen

• The world has moved on ,on a personal level Starmer might like to rejoin but he knows that in the current political climate that is not possible.

In many ways we’re already a non voting member because we have to follow their rules to trade with them but that was always going to happen

He was already talking to the EU yesterday. He will tie us in to single market rules first in exchange for free movement.

• You reckon ?

They did it in 1992

Starmer will fully aware that free movement would not be acceptable to the majority of the electorate

I will want to win again in 5 years time

• Starmer will fully aware that free movement would not be acceptable to the majority of the electorate

He will do it. He said he wanted to rejoin the single market many times, which means free movement.

• He will do it. He said he wanted to rejoin the single market many times, which means free movement.

As I said whatever his personal feelings he knows it would loose him too many votes

• Starmer will fully aware that free movement would not be acceptable to the majority of the electorate

Yes, but maybe all those immigrants will vote Labour in gratitude. He will factor that into his calculations.

• Yes. They are asylum seekers. They don't get to vote in any of our elections.

What's given is the right to apply for asylum. It doesn't necessarily follow that they will be given asylum.

They aren't asylum seekers, they are illegal immigrants. Asylum seekers already get rights to asylum.

I think we know this is an amnesty on illegal immigration.

• They aren't asylum seekers, they are illegal immigrants. Asylum seekers already get rights to asylum.

I think we know this is an amnesty on illegal immigration.

You can't make a determination that they're illegal immigrants unless and until they applied for asylum; their application turned down but they continue to stay. Not all asylum seekers are genuine.

It can be argued that this can be some kind of "entrapment" in order to catch them effectively; i.e, let them come out into the open to apply for asylum; turn them down; send them back.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!