(BBC) TV Licensing - Big Brother Approach is Criminal.

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • My name is Henry:

I do not own/use a firearm.

I do not own/use a Fishing Rod.

I do not own/drive a car or motorcycle.

I do not certify Gas Appliances.

I have never had a threatening letter from the controlling agencies on any of the above.

I do not watch live TV or BBC iPlayer.

I have had numerous threatening letters from the TV Licensing Authority (on behalf of the BBC ) telling me under threat and harassment that I must purchase a TV License for £169. !!!!!

Can anyone explain why this is?

The latest letter format is clear in its breaking of the law by its tone and harassment. Any person with an ounce of legal knowledge will know the TV Letter is committing an offense.

Anyone aware?

8| "If we want things to stay as they are, things will have to change".

• Paying the BBC license fee is IMHO just state run robbery... We are not given a choice, we are threatened with criminal proceedings if we were to choose to not be robbed. .... It's an attack on decency, morality and freedom. :(

The Voice of Reason

• I agree. They have committed a criminal offense by use of the said letter.

That's a fact.

So why do people pay the fee in the knowledge the people tey pay are criminals???

• I agree. They have committed a criminal offense by use of the said letter.

That's a fact.

So why do people pay the fee in the knowledge the people tey pay are criminals???

Paying the BBC license fee is IMHO just state run robbery... We are not given a choice, we are threatened with criminal proceedings if we were to choose to not be robbed. .... It's an attack on decency, morality and freedom. :(

If you don’t watch live tv you need to pay,it’s no longer a criminal offence anyway

• If you don’t watch live tv you need to pay,it’s no longer a criminal offence anyway

I know. I am 100% aware. The LETTER content is a criminal offense.

• Why did you not take them to court? You are pretty sure that you are right, after all.

Two not-so-clever attempts at wit ....

Have you tried taking another person's matter to court? Do you think you need their permission? Do you think they should start proceedings? Do you think they are 100% committed?

I am not "pretty sure" I am 100% sure. Its a subject I am very good at. I have dealt with, around 12 cases for people, never lost one. I don't advertise, its purely via a friend of a friend of a friend.

Some people love making model Planes or repairing motorcycles, for example, my hobby is the law.

in as much as not being a lawyer allows.

• Two not-so-clever attempts at wit ....

Have you tried taking another person's matter to court? Do you think you need their permission? Do you think they should start proceedings? Do you think they are 100% committed?

I am not "pretty sure" I am 100% sure. Its a subject I am very good at. I have dealt with, around 12 cases for people, never lost one. I don't advertise, its purely via a friend of a friend of a friend.

Some people love making model Planes or repairing motorcycles, for example, my hobby is the law.

You don’t have a TV license, haven’t you received one of these letters?

• How about the crux of my thread?

Don't you think the attitude of the licensing authority is out of order by its criminality?

Don't you think the BBC should comply with its charter?

Or do you not mind parting with your money ( a tax) regardless of the breach of contract and sickening behaviour?

Would you pay for a dozen eggs in Tescos, if you got 10 eggs?

• How about the crux of my thread?

Don't you think the attitude of the licensing authority is out of order by its criminality?

Don't you think the BBC should comply with its charter?

Or do you not mind parting with your money ( a tax) regardless of the breach of contract and sickening behaviour?

Would you pay for a dozen eggs in Tescos, if you got 10 eggs?

Here’s my problem with all this

The situation is fictitious , you claim the letters sent out are illegal yet you’ve just admitted the one you received was addressed to “ the occupier “

Not very threatening is it ?

Not having a tv is not even a criminal offence any longer

Your trying to make a mountain at of a molehill

• Here’s my problem with all this

The situation is fictitious , you claim the letters sent out are illegal yet you’ve just admitted the one you received was addressed to “ the occupier “

Not very threatening is it ?

Not having a tv is not even a criminal offence any longer

Your trying to make a mountain at of a molehill

As I said.... I know this subject inside out, back to front.

The LETTERS are criminal. Not having a license is not a criminal offense, however - your Credit Rating is damaged and refusal to pay the fines AFTER the Bailiffs have taken your stuff - can mean you go to prison. You go to prison for not paying the fine. This is a last resort.

Mountains out of molehills - is subjective. You do not mind paying for the BBC - despite its corruption and breach of the charter. I do mind.

Fines are always backed up by potential prison sentences otherwise no one would pay them

• Two not-so-clever attempts at wit ....

It’s your reference to ‘criminal’ activity I don’t understand. Have they broken anyone’s door down yet?

• It’s your reference to ‘criminal’ activity I don’t understand. Have they broken anyone’s door down yet?

I have explained. Can you explain the Strawman - "breaking anyone's door down"?? This is a leap.

• I have explained. Can you explain the Strawman - "breaking anyone's door down"?? This is a leap.

No such leap. If they broke doors down, that would be criminal activity.

You have not explained why you consider the TV Licensing people to have committed ‘criminal acts’, so if they’ve not been breaking down doors, what precisely constitutes ‘criminal activity’? I don’t understand how you have come to that conclusion.

You may or may not be within your rights in not paying your licence fee, but it’s not a criminal activity to check that this is the case. I don’t believe that sending you letters to verify that you don’t need a licence is a criminal activity.

• No such leap. If they broke doors down, that would be criminal activity.

You have not explained why you consider the TV Licensing people to have committed ‘criminal acts’, so if they’ve not been breaking down doors, what precisely constitutes ‘criminal activity’? I don’t understand how you have come to that conclusion.

You may or may not be within your rights in not paying your licence fee, but it’s not a criminal activity to check that this is the case. I don’t believe that sending you letters to verify that you don’t need a licence is a criminal activity.

The wording and tone of the letters are exactly that - criminal. Literally.

I have stated so in earlier posts.

I am totally within my rights. You may or may not be within your rights not to pay for your Gun license .. have you paid for your Gun license (Firearm License).?

• The law on Harassment requires repeat action, more than once. It is also focussed on the individual and that individual's subjective reaction and perception.

Because the TV Licensing letters are widespread, and public knowledge, a court is not blind to the content.

A class action would be better because it is very hard for an individual to take on the TV Licensing Authority. For example, in my case, I would have to divulge my full name and address, thus I put myself into the frame, into general awareness. I will not do that, also, I am not harassed because I will not play their game. I have no License and I know full well I do not have to get one and I do not have to explain to anyone why I do not have one.

As in my last post: Have you purchased your Firearms License???:!:

TV licensing letters are REPEAT HARASSMENT - this is a serious offense. The latest letter is the worst of all the previous letters.

There are thousands of elderly frail people - and some not so elderly - who will be scared to death of this letter. The letter states "Enforcement Officers may visit your property AT ANY TIME"

a sort of "WE KNOW WHERE YOu ARE AND ARE COMING FOR YOU" tone!!!

The letter threatens criminal action.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!