Horizon's Gardening Topic

Please treat other members in a constructive and friendly manner: Our Community Guidelines.
  • Little Wing replied in the original forum to this topic and said this:

Love my garden, will write here often.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• And I replied on the other forum and said this:

In my area now.... most people tend to hate all things green... Trees in particular... Have a look at the police thread for a clue about this!

Just looking out my window and my hellebores are starting to come out.

• And then LW replied by saying:

The tree fellers are everywhere! We have a number of big trees in our garden. I also have three lemon trees and an apple tree grown from seed. All big now. We have a Canary Island Date Palm, three Stinkwoods, four acacia caffras, a huge monkey thorn tree, a black Karee and a large Silver Oak. And various smaller jobs like bottle brushes and fancy conifers and some privets.

• And I then said on the old forum:

... sounds lovely. You can't live in London with a garden that big!

We do have tree fellers here employed by the council. But I was more thinking of my neighbours and people who have moved in over the last 20 years...

People in my area always used to be the same and took great pride in themselves and their neighbourhood. That's all changed and people like my neighbour find things like trees offensive (I'm not kidding) with the result my area doesn't have many now.

• This threads contains 1,821 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or log-in to continue reading.