The Great Debate on Immigration

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • The military is a job, true. But not just another job. The military does not only demand talent and skills in exchange for compensation. It also requires that you give up your life if need be for Queen and country; not some billionaire who sells vacuum cleaners or flies a fleet of 747s and Airbuses.

Compensation must always be just. The Spanish Tercio; the French Foreign Legion; even the US military -- they all recognise the foreign recruit's extra contribution to the country and so give them automatic residency and eventually, citizenship, in recognition. Not Britain, though.

Foreign recruits and NHS staff are not just "everyone".

We have got enough foreigners already and far to many using the NHS. The last thing we need is more thank you very much !!

The intelligent are being oppressed so the stupid don't get offended

• We have got enough foreigners already and far to many using the NHS. The last thing we need is more thank you very much !!

Well. The Ministry of Defence and the NHS actively recruit foreigners, so obviously, we do need more foreigners. That's according to them, of course. Obviously, you don't agree. Why don't you write or call them. Tell the MOD to stop actively recruiting foreigners; introduce conscription and give the military posts to locals who'd be willing to risk their lives for you and me. And maybe order the NHS to stop contracting foreign medical staff who would look after these local boys when they come home with limbs missing; suffering from PTD.

• Well. The Ministry of Defence and the NHS actively recruit foreigners, so obviously, we do need more foreigners. That's according to them, of course. Obviously, you don't agree. Why don't you write or call them. Tell the MOD to stop actively recruiting foreigners; introduce conscription and give the military posts to locals who'd be willing to risk their lives for you and me. And maybe order the NHS to stop contracting foreign medical staff who would look after these local boys when they come home with limbs missing; suffering from PTD.

That's how crazy this country is. There aren't enough spaces for young people who want to sign up, yet we still have bloody foreigners in the BRITISH army. As you well know, the only reason we have foreign people in the NHS is because we have so many bleeding foreigners in this country to care for. I would also point out that just about every foreign health care worker I have ever had dealings with have been useless. We have foreign doctors in my surgery, and to be honest I may as well talk to doctor Google

• That's how crazy this country is. There aren't enough spaces for young people who want to sign up, yet we still have bloody foreigners in the BRITISH army. As you well know, the only reason we have foreign people in the NHS is because we have so many bleeding foreigners in this country to care for. I would also point out that just about every foreign health care worker I have ever had dealings with have been useless. We have foreign doctors in my surgery, and to be honest I may as well talk to doctor Google

According to an MOD report; as of January 2018 recruitment was 5.7% below target and that the we're short of 8,200 bodies. I know the report is over 2 years old; but I believe the trend has not not changed.

If you do a bit of internet research and google NHS patient statistics? -- you will find reports invariably telling you that the over 65s make up the biggest group of NHS patients. In terms of ethnicity, native whites make up the biggest group of patients.

You're just an angry man, aren't you? Seeing comfort and vindication from your anger and prejudice.

• According to an MOD report; as of January 2018 recruitment was 5.7% below target and that the we're short of 8,200 bodies. I know the report is over 2 years old; but I believe the trend has not not changed.

If you do a bit of internet research and google NHS patient statistics? -- you will find reports invariably telling you that the over 65s make up the biggest group of NHS patients. In terms of ethnicity, native whites make up the biggest group of patients.

You're just an angry man, aren't you? Seeing comfort and vindication from your anger and prejudice.

I despair when you see the likes of the USA white cop with his knee on the neck of a black man who is screaming that he cannot breathe, out and out racism that is prevalent into our Country. We have already seen our police shoot or taser non whites here

I think there should be tougher penalties for racism and for those who preach it, either directly or indirectly

• According to an MOD report; as of January 2018 recruitment was 5.7% below target and that the we're short of 8,200 bodies. I know the report is over 2 years old; but I believe the trend has not not changed.

Firstly, like the Police force and fire service, the MOD has quotes. So many gays, so many black people, so many nutty transsexuals, etc etc. Needless to say this makes it hard for themselves.

Regards the NHS, you are stating the obvious. I have said many times that the NHS is pushed because of an ageing population and a very large population, and that's why I want the over 70s euthanized, and a halt to immigration. If we did that then try telling me we need foreign doctors and nurses.

• Firstly, like the Police force and fire service, the MOD has quotes. So many gays, so many black people, so many nutty transsexuals, etc etc. Needless to say this makes it hard for themselves.

Regards the NHS, you are stating the obvious. I have said many times that the NHS is pushed because of an ageing population and a very large population, and that's why I want the over 70s euthanized, and a halt to immigration. If we did that then try telling me we need foreign doctors and nurses.

I assume you mean quotas. But, anyway, No. To say there are recruitment quotas is wrong as well. According to reports, the reason why the MOD has been recruiting foreign nationals from Fiji, for example, who have not even lived in the UK is because of the shortage in local recruits. It looks like only a few locals are willing to risk their limbs and lives for ER.

Well, now you say it's because of an ageing population; but this is what you posted previously -- the one to which I was replying: "As you well know, the only reason we have foreign people in the NHS is because we have so many bleeding foreigners in this country to care for." So. Is the NHS pushed by an ageing population or because we have so many bleeding foreigners to care for? Or both?

• I despair when you see the likes of the USA white cop with his knee on the neck of a black man who is screaming that he cannot breathe, out and out racism that is prevalent into our Country. We have already seen our police shoot or taser non whites here

I think there should be tougher penalties for racism and for those who preach it, either directly or indirectly

And that black jogger shot to death by father and son....

• I assume you mean quotas. But, anyway, No. To say there are recruitment quotas is wrong as well. According to reports, the reason why the MOD has been recruiting foreign nationals from Fiji, for example, who have not even lived in the UK is because of the shortage in local recruits. It looks like only a few locals are willing to risk their limbs and lives for ER.

Well, now you say it's because of an ageing population; but this is what you posted previously -- the one to which I was replying: "As you well know, the only reason we have foreign people in the NHS is because we have so many bleeding foreigners in this country to care for." So. Is the NHS pushed by an ageing population or because we have so many bleeding foreigners to care for? Or both?

It's both, too many old people, too many foreigners. So you genuinely believe that we have to recruit soldiers from Fiji because our young people don't want to do it, sorry that's rubbish. Like I said, there are quotas, and that includes girls.

I used to live in Milton Keynes, and had a friend who was a Fire Fighter. They had two vacancies in his station for apprentices (or what ever you want to call them). His son was interested, but he told him not to bother because the fire service was only interested in people from ethnic minorities. People were asked to attend the station to pick up an application form and have a brief chat. There was a queue a mile long, almost solely white young males. Guess what, the two people recruited were from ethnic minorities. The army are the same, and youngsters from ethnic minorities will rarely be interested in joining a BRITISH army.

Back to the point in hand though. So do you think that it right that once someone from Fiji joins the British army they should have the right to use the NHS and move here when they wish ?

• It's both, too many old people, too many foreigners. So you genuinely believe that we have to recruit soldiers from Fiji because our young people don't want to do it, sorry that's rubbish. Like I said, there are quotas, and that includes girls.

I used to live in Milton Keynes, and had a friend who was a Fire Fighter. They had two vacancies in his station for apprentices (or what ever you want to call them). His son was interested, but he told him not to bother because the fire service was only interested in people from ethnic minorities. People were asked to attend the station to pick up an application form and have a brief chat. There was a queue a mile long, almost solely white young males. Guess what, the two people recruited were from ethnic minorities. The army are the same, and youngsters from ethnic minorities will rarely be interested in joining a BRITISH army.

Back to the point in hand though. So do you think that it right that once someone from Fiji joins the British army they should have the right to use the NHS and move here when they wish ?

OK. So, it's both. then why say "only reason" when you actually mean more than one reason.

But it's just simple logic, isn't it? As you say, there are many young people available to sign up but the MOD says they're 8,200 short. Therefore, while many young people may be available; they don't necessarily wish to sign up. And if you're short of applicants from the local pool; then you recruit foreign nationals.

So, did you find out how the two "ethnics" were recruited. Or did you, at least, have a read of the recruitment rubrics used by the station?

Yes, I do think an army recruit from Fiji should have the right to use the NHS and be a resident in the UK should they wish but subject to the length of service and the type of discharge.

• OK. So, it's both. then why say "only reason" when you actually mean more than one reason.

But it's just simple logic, isn't it? As you say, there are many young people available to sign up but the MOD says they're 8,200 short. Therefore, while many young people may be available; they don't necessarily wish to sign up. And if you're short of applicants from the local pool; then you recruit foreign nationals.

So, did you find out how the two "ethnics" were recruited. Or did you, at least, have a read of the recruitment rubrics used by the station?

Yes, I do think an army recruit from Fiji should have the right to use the NHS and be a resident in the UK should they wish but subject to the length of service and the type of discharge.

I think we should deport these who favour some sort of dystopian society where there are all blond blue eyed residents and those in need are killed off

• The Spanish Tercio; the French Foreign Legion; even the US military -- they all recognise the foreign recruit's extra contribution to the country and so give them automatic residency and eventually, citizenship, in recognition.

I take it you haven't seen the problem in the US with them sending many of their ex military back home over the wall to Mexico. America's deported veterans. You should watch the following documentary where many veterans are being recruited by the cartels for their skills. Residency can always be promised but it does not mean your going to get it.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I think we should deport these who favour some sort of dystopian society where there are all blond blue eyed residents and those in need are killed off

My issue has always been with culture, the lack of physical space, and infrastructure. I don't give a toss what colour anyone is. Because I don't care for foreigners much doesn't make me a racist

• I take it you haven't seen the problem in the US with them sending many of their ex military back home over the wall to Mexico. America's deported veterans

What would you expect from racist white supremacist Trump

• I take it you haven't seen the problem in the US with them sending many of their ex military back home over the wall to Mexico. America's deported veterans. You should watch the following documentary where many veterans are being recruited by the cartels for their skills. Residency can always be promised but it does not mean your going to get it.

As a matter of course and of principle, the US gives green card and eventually citizenship to every foreign recruit. Citizenship is always available but not automatic. You must ask for it and see it through right up to that "momentous, tear jerking" ceremony in front of a judge where you recite "I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States......" and sing "oh, say, can you see..."

The INS can revoke your green card holder status and very rarely, naturalisation if you commit crimes like drug trafficking. This must have been the situation with the deported veterans. And if these veterans didn't bother to switch from green card to passport, it would have been easy to deport them. They committed crimes and since Mexicans are Trump's pet hate ..... ????

• The INS can revoke your green card holder status and very rarely, naturalisation if you commit crimes like drug trafficking. This must have been the situation with the deported veterans.

And think of the howls in the UK because we don't instantly deport criminals

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!