The Great Debate on Immigration in the UK

Please treat other members in a constructive and friendly manner: Our Community Guidelines.
  • But as a descendant, you have profited and continue to profit from the sins of your ancestors. Would the British including the royals be in the same smug economically advanced position as they are now if it hadn't been for wealth "extracted" from the colonies? No.

So while nobody is blaming the descendants for Britain's colonial past; at least, the prejudiced among them should show a bit of tolerance, if not welcome.

Your talking history, and that bares no relevance in regards to today's dilemmas. I really can't understand why any wants more foreigners over here. We have more than enough people to keep the economy going, especially with all the unemployment we are facing. As a nation we should do everything we can do to make foreigners feel uncomfortable and unwanted.

Long Live Rich People

• Look, I don't discriminate, I don't want any of them over here, and the includes the Gherkins. We don't have the space, we certainly don't have the infrastructure, and culturally foreigners ruin the country. They are all welcome to come here for a holiday and spend their money, but afterwards I want them to go home. Surely that's fair ?

You come across as someone who discriminates between what's indigenous and what's foreign as well as how foreign "foreign" is. You're very loud when it comes to non-white culture but very quiet when it comes to the Americanism that has been subtly taking over the English way of life.

If you are looking at it from a moral perspective, then it can only be fair if the UK were and had always been a hermit kingdom. Unfortunately, the UK has a history of colonialism and emigration.

• Now that you have vented your vitriol; what can you say about the (a) possible conflict between the Indian Madame Priti and her point-system immigration and the Czech Dominic Turnip Raab who is threatening your equilibrium with the arrival of 3M Honkies; and (b) the comparison that can be made between the treatment of the Gurkhas and other foreign ex-veterans and 3M Honkies who have never or may have never contributed to the UK in any way, some of whom may even be criminals.

Don't forget the Indian Chancellor, the Indian Sharma, and the American Johnson

No, they don't want any more immigrants and seek to deny others the same chances they and their families had. Typical I'm alright Jack Tories who play to the xenophobia of the little englanders

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• Your talking history, and that bares no relevance in regards to today's dilemmas. I really can't understand why any wants more foreigners over here. We have more than enough people to keep the economy going, especially with all the unemployment we are facing. As a nation we should do everything we can do to make foreigners feel uncomfortable and unwanted.

(a) It wasn't I who raised the point about history. (b) British history is the root of all of today's societal dilemmas. Your bigotry towards foreign culture in Britain could be intellectually justified -- it's a stretch -- if, and only if, Britain did not have a history of colonialism and migration.

You are over simplifying things. Employment and unemployment as economic factors aren't a matter of numbers alone. You have to take into serious consideration the state of each employment sector as well as the attitude towards a particular job. If a surgeon was made redundant; you wouldn't expect him to take a janitorial services job in the hospital, would you?

• Don't forget the Indian Chancellor, the Indian Sharma, and the American Johnson

No, they don't want any more immigrants and seek to deny others the same chances they and their families had. Typical I'm alright Jack Tories who play to the xenophobia of the little englanders

Absolutely!

• You come across as someone who discriminates between what's indigenous and what's foreign as well as how foreign "foreign" is. You're very loud when it comes to non-white culture but very quiet when it comes to the Americanism that has been subtly taking over the English way of life.

If you are looking at it from a moral perspective, then it can only be fair if the UK were and had always been a hermit kingdom. Unfortunately, the UK has a history of colonialism and emigration.

Foreign to me is anyone who isn't at least third generation British. I have no interest in historical British colonies, that was then and now is now. With regards to Americanism, I actually agree with you.

Please spend 15 minutes watching this, it scares the life out of me, but you probably think it's great

Long Live Rich People

• Absolutely!

Seriously, it appears you love foreigners, well that's great. They are more than welcome to come in live in your town and street. Just watch the crime rate go up and the property prices come down, because that's what an influx of foreigners does. Whist they are their, why not invite some Pikys to live in your back garden. Fortunately I live in little England, and the infestation hasn't reached here yet.

Long Live Rich People

• Absolutely!

And I forgot the previous Chancellor who is I believe of Pakistani origin

I should add that I welcome these appointments in our multi cultural society, it's the hypocritical Tories I detest

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• And I forgot the previous Chancellor who is I believe of Pakistani origin

I should add that I welcome these appointments in our multi cultural society, it's the hypocritical Tories I detest

If your still alive when they take over you won't be so appreciative, but I doubt you will be, so I don't suppose you care

Long Live Rich People

• And I forgot the previous Chancellor who is I believe of Pakistani origin

Sajid Javid is his name. He commissioned the report into the Muslim Grooming Gangs. No stone unturned is what he said. That report is now being buried. If he had not moved on to Chancellor and then resigned maybe we would’ve seen it.

I wonder how he would’ve dealt with Covid 19 emergency funding?

• Seriously, it appears you love foreigners, well that's great. They are more than welcome to come in live in your town and street. Just watch the crime rate go up and the property prices come down, because that's what an influx of foreigners does. Whist they are their, why not invite some Pikys to live in your back garden. Fortunately I live in little England, and the infestation hasn't reached here yet.

I don't mind foreign people. And if they have the right to live here; then I won't stand in their way just as I wouldn't stand in the way of ex-British people and their children from South Africa or Australia and New Zealand who "repatriate" on ancestry visa after living in foreign lands for decades and decades.

Property prices is about snobbery so it is arguable that property prices are related to race but crime rate is correlated with poverty rate.

We all seek places that suit our politics; so, Little England for Little Englanders it is!