The Great Debate on Immigration

Please treat other members in a constructive manner and abide by our Forum Rules at all times.
  • UK's Rwanda asylum plan the 'opposite of nature of God' - Welby
    There were "serious ethical questions" over sending migrants to east Africa, Justin Welby says.
    www.bbc.co.uk

So, the multi-millionaire ex-oil trader thinks this is ungodly. Fine. He can take some of these migrants in his massive tax payer funded palace then.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61130841

So, the multi-millionaire ex-oil trader thinks this is ungodly. Fine. He can take some of these migrants in his massive tax payer funded palace then.

Not only that, but he seems to be condoning the idea that GB should continue to accept that these poor people should continue to risk their lives crossing the channel in flimsy vessels to claim asylum.

This shows a weakness of thought which compels me to question the motives of these liberal-minded folk.

We need solutions, not a perpetuation of the wrongs we see happening every day. These traffickers need to be put out of business and potential legitimate migrants to Britain need to be channelled towards legitimate ways of applying for asylum.

• And it ultimately all stems from their (the liberal elites) motivations to re-engineer society.

Well, they suceeded. Did they not notice how our society and culture has changed beyond recognition. Well done them... :rolleyes:

And now they don't like the pushback against this after many decades. Brexit being one of the pushbacks.

• I tell you something I would not be surprised if later down the line we find out that some of these big charities are doing a Bob Geldof and Feed the World. Feed their own pocket more like and I bet some MP's have their fingers in it too. Just like they made money from Covid they will make money from war and it will be the rest of us that suffer. I wonder if Sunaks bitch has paid back the tax payers money she got from Covid to set up some business to do with Covid that never started, a bit like those that earned from the Nightingale hospitals scam. And who remembers that snobby artisan dog food company owned by some baroness or something that got a load of tax payers money for IIRC masks that never appeared or where not the right ones. That was another scam. Panorama done an episode and revealed that one along with the lab scams.

Tell us something we don't already know.

During the first world war, in 1916, at a dinner for American pacifists, the American political writer John Reed*, was asked, by a politician who didn't want America to enter the first world war "Why would America get involved in the war in Europe?" Without even looking up from his plate, Reed replied "To make a profit."

Wars always make a profit for somebody. If you look even slightly beyond the rhetoric of Boris Johnson and the Tory party, Britain isn't GIVING Ukraine resistance fighters missiles with which to oppose Russian forces, we are SELLING them. Oh, no money is changing hands at the moment because Ukraine is a bit financially hamstrung right now, but make no mistake, the British arms manufacturers are making a hell of a lot of sales right now, and if Ukraine are buying on a "buy now, pay later" basis, the interest on these purchases is likely to be very attractive indeed later on.

I cannot provide sources for this particular item, to say for certain that Mrs Sunak personally is making wads of dosh out of it. All I can say is that it is a matter of fact that Infosys have a slice of the Rwandan pie and given her family connections, it is unlikely that she hasn't got her hands dirty somewhere along the line.

We are dealing with the most corrupt government in British history. Johnson and his cronies are criminals of the most godawful stripe and are getting away with it, in full view of the world, because they have the press under their control and are able to manipulate the levers of legislation to do as they please. With the events of the last three years, nobody can be in any doubt at all about that.

Britain has no written constitution. We have no formal document that would allow us to impeach a criminal like Boris Johnson and his cohorts. A constitutional monarchy operates on conventions. Conventions such as the Parliamentary Code of Conduct. These are the only mechanisms that contain the activities of MP's and governments. It is beholden on those holding high office to behave according to the code. But those in power at this time, simply ignore the code of conduct, knowing that, in legal terms, they can do so without impeachment. Sure, their party can make a vote of no confidence, but the Tory backbenchers of today are so spineless they are easily beaten down by the whips with threats of de-selection if they don't toe the line.

In such an atmosphere of corruption and criminal practice, it is no surprise that the organisations you describe, that appeal to the people to provide "Aid For Ukraine" are little more than false flag operations who provide nothing to help that beleagured country, but instead, siphon the money off for themselves. And all of it with government rubber stamps that make their operation legal. If we try to probe their activities ten years from now, you can be sure the paper trail of where the money went will stop dead at a name plate on the wall of an office block somewhere in the Cayman Islands.

People who think they are helping the people of Ukraine, are being fleeced, And you can bet your boots that Boris Johnson knows all about it. And is probably taking a slice of the pie for himself.... to an anonymous offshore account, of course.

But you'll never be able to prove it.

* John Reed was played by Warren Beattie in the movie "Reds". The real life John Reed was a political activist of the late 19th and early 20th century who attempted to introduce unions and socially democratic policies into the United States. He died in post revolutionary Russia and to date, is the only westerner buried within the walls of the Kremlin.

• You know this is good news because all the usual bleeding hearts are coming out to say it won't work. You know it will work when a certain group say it won't.

Enter the UK illegally and be sent to Rwanda - enter legally by applying outside the country and be welcomed in if accepted, enter illegally and get sent to Rwanda - simple, elegant and a great deterrent. This also applies to all those currently living in hotels at our expense - I bet they empty out pretty sharpish now.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• It will work if its implemented. But by all accounts, most of the Home Office staff are against this.

That's what we're up against. The enemy within.

• It will work if its implemented. But by all accounts, most of the Home Office staff are against this.

That's what we're up against. The enemy within.

It's such a pity that all the modern day Sir Humphrey's have become woke globalists. We need them to be moved on and replaced.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• I'm only going to say what every other sensible person has said, and that is a piece of genius. Of course, the bleeding heart liberal lefties won't agree, but despite what the BBC may want you to think, they are a tiny minority. No. it's not cruel, and NO it won't cost us much money. The reason for this being that once word gets around they will stop getting in their dingys and stay where they are. They first cross a few safe countries with as similar culture in order they can cross a few more countries with an alien culture. They they risk life and limb to get to England because they know full well they will get housed and they will get generous benefits. What ever it costs us to ship them to Rwanda will be a long term massive saving over keeping them here. Let's just hope it can be pushed through, and the idiots that oppose it see some bloody sense

• Quick question, all these young male Muslims crossing the channel in dingys you want here so desperately, where do you plan on housing them, and how do you propose our creaking infrastructure is going to cope?

• We are dealing with the most corrupt government in British history. Johnson and his cronies are criminals of the most godawful stripe and are getting away with it, in full view of the world, because they have the press under their control and are able to manipulate the levers of legislation to do as they please. With the events of the last three years, nobody can be in any doubt at all about that.

You are probably too young to remember Tony Blair. He was a three time super majority holding PM who had the press under his control and could do as he liked. He and his cronies falsified documents to justify taking us into an illegal war from which 1000's of British troops were killed or maimed. You can try to compare the ultra flawed character of Boris to Tony Blair if you like but trust me, Tony Blair is in a league of his own in terms of corruption, dodgy dealings, lying to the British people and the damaging legacy of his time in office that we are still paying for.

• Tony Blair is in a league of his own in terms of corruption, dodgy dealings, lying to the British people and the damaging legacy of his time in office that we are still paying for.

And that's a fact!!! Blair's war crimes are up there with Putin's IMO and it wasn't things that went on without him knowing and weaselled out of being incriminated when the gov backed down at the last minute from the official secrets act leak court case. As time goes on we will find out many truths about Boris as things get leaked. We are just touching the surface right now.

• It's such a pity that all the modern day Sir Humphrey's have become woke globalists. We need them to be moved on and replaced.

Agree. I just wish these people saw things in a more balanced way.

There are many upsides to the globalism we have all enjoyed post WW2, but there has also been downsides too and they need to either understand this. Or, as you say, they need to be got rid of.

• Agree. I just wish these people saw things in a more balanced way.

There are many upsides to the globalism we have all enjoyed post WW2, but there has also been downsides too and they need to either understand this. Or, as you say, they need to be got rid of.

Globalism, centralisation and multiculturalism are doing no favours to the interests of individual nations. These establishment types have already been got at in terms of not giving a shite about tradition, culture and history. We are being bombarded with anti-British, anti-British history and general guilt tripping about who we are as a people from our political class and the media on a daily basis. It is important that we push back on all this and reject the message that is being sent. These people are traitors to our nation they are anti-democratic and unpatriotic. It only makes me wonder how they got into these positions.

• Well, the way things are going, Putin's actions in Ukraine has put a end to globalism for now. So, that's that sorted!

• You may be right but the way in which it has happened gives no satisfaction. But the shortages we now face are global so it kinda blows both ways...

• Rwanda asylum seeker policy: Ex-PM Theresa May criticises government plan
    The government says plans to send some asylum seekers to Rwanda will deter the work of people smugglers.
    www.bbc.co.uk

She's got a bloody cheek!

Who was it that ran the Home Office for several years before becoming prime minister and never did anything about this issue? X/

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!