The Great Debate on Immigration

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • I assume that's not a serious comment. Do you really want bodies washing up on our shores?

If that what it takes. The bastards would stop coming over here if the knew they were going to get shot.

The intelligent are being oppressed so the stupid don't get offended

• If anybody is fleeing persecution they would move to the NEAREST SAFE country. That's the principle. Anybody who travels through many safe countries to get to the UK are NOT fleeing persecution but common or garden economic migrants, terrorists or criminals. We don't want them here.

We want people from foreign countries who have applied to come here and have the knowledge and skills to benefit our economy.

The Voice of Reason

• If anybody is fleeing persecution they would move to the NEAREST SAFE country. That's the principle. Anybody who travels through many safe countries to get to the UK are NOT fleeing persecution but common or garden economic migrants, terrorists or criminals. We don't want them here.

We want people from foreign countries who have applied to come here and have the knowledge and skills to benefit our economy.

I agree. If you're fleeing for your life, safeguarding your welfare is most the important matter and with that new Points system, even in its now watered down version, is still better than nothing.

• Ok.... ^^ Back to immigration.

The points based system deals with that. This new measure is for "asylum seekers".

But that mixes it up again. If they are asylum seekers fleeing for their lives, they should seek refuge in the first safe country they come across. We then as a country either decide to sign up to the EU's scheme on whether we want to share the burden of taking in a share of asylum seekers or not. So, in that regards, what skills they have are neither here or there.

I agree that the points system and the asylum arrangements are two separate issues, but I was responding to two different arguments,

As far as asylum is concerned, surely this is all about the rights of the individuals to come and live in this country.

We certainly don’t want to be part of the EU scheme. We should be the ones determining who does and who does not come to this country.

• Shouldn't this have all been done before?

It's like this country has just woken up and decided to put in a "few" border controls.

Priti obviously likes her jalebi, many Indian restaurants wouldn't survive without illegal immigration from the sub-continent.

• Horizon November 20, 2021 at 5:58 PM

Added the Label Super Topic
  • Horizon November 20, 2021 at 5:58 PM

Changed the title of the thread from “The Great Debate on Immigration in the UK” to “The Great Debate on Immigration”.
  • Migrant crossings: Minister to lead review after record journey numbers
    Stephen Barclay will explore what government departments can do amid record numbers of Channel crossings.
    www.bbc.co.uk

WTF? I mean WTF?

Somebody please correct me if I am wrong here, but the last time I looked, our little island was surrounded by sea, so the only way for migrants to get here is by plane (usually legally) or by boat, usually illegally.

We have a Border Force that does not enforce our border. So, the solution is not a review, but sack the ulta liberals in the Border Force prefably along with most of the Home Office and start enforcing our borders.

• https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59357991

WTF? I mean WTF?

Somebody please correct me if I am wrong here, but the last time I looked, our little island was surrounded by sea, so the only way for migrants to get here is by plane (usually legally) or by boat, usually illegally.

We have a Border Force that does not enforce our border. So, the solution is not a review, but sack the ulta liberals in the Border Force prefably along with most of the Home Office and start enforcing our borders.

The illusion of action by committee

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59357991

WTF? I mean WTF?

I don't blame the Froggies. Let's be honest, if they were trying to leave the UK and go to France, we would be making sandwiches for their journey. We are sending boats out to rescue them, when what we should be doing is sending boats out to stop them landing. Once they are here, they are here for life. A very small percentage of them qualify to stay, but we haven't deported a single one in 2021. Its no good Boris stating he is frustrated, and its no good blaming the Froggies, we have to send out a message letting them know they aren't welcome. Priti Patel's counterpart in France told us we are to blame for our over generous benefits system, so perhaps that may be a start!

The intelligent are being oppressed so the stupid don't get offended

• France has a open border, we don't. What and whom the French let into their country is their business, but we should not be providing a immigration service for the French, which is what we are doing.

• We have also had more bullshit on how we are going to open up processing centres in IIRC Albania or somewhere as a deterrent rather than put them up in hotels over here. A BBC reporter interviewed the Ambassador for Albania or whichever Eastern European country it is and he completely denied it and said they would never agree to that and its the first he has heard of it.

Here we go...

Government eyeing deal to send migrants to Albania and other ‘partners’, says Raab
    Ministers looking at ‘all legitimate means’ to deter migrants, says Dominic Raab
    www.independent.co.uk

So basically it's more blatant lying, smoke and mirrors and publicity to make it look like we are doing something. How we continue to have a bunch of pathological corrupt liars running the country is mind blowing. They have no intention of action and only want to be seen in the illusion of doing something that makes them out to be better than they are and win votes.

• Why oh why can we not simply open up our embassies across the world to process these applications? There really should be a fast track system to let them know whether or not they are successful.

But there is still the question in my mind - would rejection actually deter them?

• Why oh why can we not simply open up our embassies across the world to process these applications? There really should be a fast track system to let them know whether or not they are successful.

But there is still the question in my mind - would rejection actually deter them?

No OB rejection would NOT deter them.. Their mission, allegedly, is to flood the UK and Europe with young men of military age to fulfil their religious target, Namely the Islamification of Europe. You will notice that nearly all those illegal migrants fit the category of Military age males.

Of course that theory might be wrong, in which case just ignore it. ;) ;) ;) ;)

The Voice of Reason

• Migrant crossings: Number reaching UK this year three times 2020's total
    More than 25,000 people have reached the UK by boat this year, including nearly 900 on Saturday.
    www.bbc.co.uk

The negilence of the government is terrible.

There is no reason, none at all, to have all these migrants here and they are migrants because if they wern't, they would seek safe haven in the first country they passed through.

• We have also had more bullshit on how we are going to open up processing centres in IIRC Albania or somewhere as a deterrent rather than put them up in hotels over here. A BBC reporter interviewed the Ambassador for Albania or whichever Eastern European country it is and he completely denied it and said they would never agree to that and its the first he has heard of it.

Here we go...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politi…b-b1959891.html

So basically it's more blatant lying, smoke and mirrors and publicity to make it look like we are doing something. How we continue to have a bunch of pathological corrupt liars running the country is mind blowing. They have no intention of action and only want to be seen in the illusion of doing something that makes them out to be better than they are and win votes.

I don't see how this will stop migrants crossing the channel and seems a whole waste of money to me, but thanks for that link Norra.

Why oh why can we not simply open up our embassies across the world to process these applications? There really should be a fast track system to let them know whether or not they are successful.

Firstly, there are no applications to process. These are migrants crossing the channel, not asylum seekers and this idea to process migrants in another country seems nuts.

We have the points system don't forget and these people would likely fail that.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!