The Great Debate on Immigration

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • They come here because we are civilised (for now) the government is on their side (hate crime law). Those that speak out against them are suppressed or vilified (mainstream media). We give them food, shelter, money, hell we even go out into the channel and meet them halfway.

One theory is this is all punishment for the British Empire and sins of the past. Not sure I can agree with that.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• They come here because we are civilised (for now) the government is on their side (hate crime law). Those that speak out against them are suppressed or vilified (mainstream media). We give them food, shelter, money, hell we even go out into the channel and meet them halfway.

One theory is this is all punishment for the British Empire and sins of the past. Not sure I can agree with that

Not sure. It could just be that we thank our lucky stars that its them and not us.

One theory is this is all punishment for the British Empire and sins of the past. Not sure I can agree with that.

The British Empire?!! Bloody hell, none of these migrants lived through that!

The reality is that some migrants want to come here because they can speak English. Not French, Greek, Italian, Dutch, Norwegian or Spanish - but English.

The rest want to settle in other European countries. It is a myth that all the migrants want to come here. Most don’t.

• The British Empire?!! Bloody hell, none of these migrants lived through that!

The reality is that some migrants want to come here because they can speak English. Not French, Greek, Italian, Dutch, Norwegian or Spanish - but English.

The rest want to settle in other European countries. It is a myth that all the migrants want to come here. Most don’t.

Yes English is the universal language. That doesn’t help. Some Islamic radicals have been quoted as saying the Islamification of Europe is part of a long term grand plan. Others quote it is the understandable movement of people running from conflict caused primarily by our intervention in their countries, a point I can understand. Some just want to come here anyway because it’s nicer than wherever they are from.

Our part as the partner in crime of US foreign policy is likely the cause of all this. It does beg the question what would the world be like if all the Middle Eastern tyrannies had been allowed to just exist unchallenged? Maybe our countries would not be experiencing high levels of illegal immigrants. Maybe these people would just be killed where they live? Very few escaped communist countries. Once upon a time very few people escaped Syria. But now we have destabilised the country large numbers are running to live here. We should have left well alone.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• I think the solution may hopefully be with us in Spring next year with the French elections.

I've linked to the Telegraph article below on this, but it is behind a paywall, but basically Barnier is out of the election now and there are far right candidates vying to take on Macron. If Macron is beaten, then the French will take a much tougher line on immigration full stop, which should hopefully benefit us too.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2021/12/02/michel-barnier-hard-right-backer-zemmour-final-run-lead-french/

• I've linked to the Telegraph article below on this, but it is behind a paywall, but basically Barnier is out of the election now and there are far right candidates vying to take on Macron. If Macron is beaten, then the French will take a much tougher line on immigration full stop, which should hopefully benefit us too.

Not sure I share your enthusiasm for hat particular solution. Still one better than shooting at them in the English channel. :rolleyes:

• We don't get a say in it either way Zany and I'm not saying I'm enthused by the far right candidates, but at the moment Macron is hostile to us, so I would like to see him go.

• What does far right actually mean these days?

The lunatic Labour Party think our Tories are Nazis and they actively say as much.

In the EU far right probably means anti-EU or isolationist.

• We don't get a say in it either way Zany and I'm not saying I'm enthused by the far right candidates, but at the moment Macron is hostile to us, so I would like to see him go.

Have you considered his reasons? Or is he just foreign and wrong?

Do you sign up to the mantra that they are awkward and uncompromising and we are considered and stalwart?

In the EU far right probably means anti-EU or isolationist.

Why not have a look at the policies , those beyond what they would do to illegal immigrants.

• 1-Macron is most definitely wrong. He is peeved that the UK left the EU experiment and is dreaming up as many ways to punish us as his warped mind can muster.

2-The ultra far left Labour party consiters anybody to the right of Corbyn to be Far Right. I've even heard Starmer being accused as far right. The Conservative party is centrist liberal. We only have one far right party and that is the National Front.

In Europe, there is so much discontent with the EU that the lefty idiots have named everybody who is fed up with the faceless Beaurocrats as being far right. This is totally wrong of course, they are not far right, they are only intelligent people who live in the real world.

The Voice of Reason

• I think the solution may hopefully be with us in Spring next year with the French elections.

I've linked to the Telegraph article below on this, but it is behind a paywall, but basically Barnier is out of the election now and there are far right candidates vying to take on Macron. If Macron is beaten, then the French will take a much tougher line on immigration full stop, which should hopefully benefit us too.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/202…un-lead-french/

For those of you that can't get passed the paywall

12ft – Hop any paywall
    Show me a 10ft paywall, I’ll show you a 12ft ladder.
    12ft.io
  • Have you considered his reasons? Or is he just foreign and wrong?

Do you sign up to the mantra that they are awkward and uncompromising and we are considered and stalwart?

Why not have a look at the policies , those beyond what they would do to illegal immigrants.

Well, Macron is in the wrong here and he’s certainly foreign.

The EU countries tend to stick together, but Macron has been told to rein his neck in and clearly is not getting support for his tactics from his beloved EU.

I’ve heard it said that he is just trying to play the strong man with the UK as this will go down well with his voters, but I’m not sure whether that’s true.

• I'm sorry you're so ill.

No, not really. We would only have to do it a couple of times, rather than give them a few weeks in a hotel prior to their new council house, then they may get the message. Don't forget, we stop them trying tp get here, less of them will die attempting it. Shooting their boats will ultimately save lives

The intelligent are being oppressed so the stupid don't get offended

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!