The Great Debate on Immigration

Please treat other members in a constructive manner and abide by our Forum Rules at all times.
  • LOL. I watched a Labour representative on TV giving their answer to the immigration crisis. Make applications simpler so we can give easy and safe passage. In other words, let even more in. Totally out of touch with public thinking !

• LOL. I watched a Labour representative on TV giving their answer to the immigration crisis. Make applications simpler so we can give easy and safe passage. In other words, let even more in. Totally out of touch with public thinking !

And that is precisely why Labour has become so unpopular with the working classes and why Boris is likely to survive the current party controversy.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• That's what amazed me about her becoming PM. She failed miserably at the job she did, only to get voted in by her colleagues.

She was the only one willing to have a go in the post Brexit chaos caused by the resignation of Cameron. Remember Boris stood down after being stabbed in the back by Gove.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• How do these people get into positions of power when they are so out of step with broader thinking?

Because they think what they think and they think they're right.

I think that makes sense...(lots of thinks there. :) )

• She was the only one willing to have a go in the post Brexit chaos caused by the resignation of Cameron. Remember Boris stood down after being stabbed in the back by Gove.

She saw a opportunity for power and grabbed it.

Read Craig Oliver's book on Brexit about this, very interesting.

Well, in London and the other big cities, they have already achieved what they wanted. The erosion, or should that be destruction, of British culture.

Well done them.

• Because they think what they think and they think they're right.

I think that makes sense...(lots of thinks there. :) )

Yes, but they can only get to power by making the voters think they are thinking something different from what they are actually thinking. They think that if the people really new what they were thinking they would never get near power because they think that what they are actually thinking would make the people think that they should not be elected. I think that people should always think twice before voting...phew.. ?(

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• She was the only one willing to have a go in the post Brexit chaos caused by the resignation of Cameron. Remember Boris stood down after being stabbed in the back by Gove.

Theresa May thought she knew how to dilute Brexit to ensure there was as little change as possible. She nearly succeeded, too.

• Not half!

But Brexit + Customs Union most definitely was not Brexit and contained no net advantage for Britain. It was all smoke and mirrors.

Yep, that woman thought that if she spoke enough wibble we would all give up and go back to what we were doing, she tried to negotiate for effectively nothing dressed up as Brexit.

• It was a case of pass the poisoned Chalice by Cameron did anyone else really want it ? same as Blair did passing it to Brown and legging it leaving Brown to take the flack

• Well, in London and the other big cities, they have already achieved what they wanted. The erosion, or should that be destruction, of British culture.

Well done them.

I agree with you on London , now too crowded, too noisy, too dirty and getting too dangerous that is why wife and I are working towards getting out, we did think of going to my home town but English is now the second language its no longer a place I wish to be.

No Government has ever tackled the problem of immigration into the UK over the last 60 years, especially unskilled people , none of them have actually listened to the indigenous people Labour actually encouraged people to come , as did the useless Mayor Khan

• There are still wokey lefties who believe immigration offers something financially positive. It is true that the gross impact is positive, ie they poor more tax than take benefits, but the net impact is negative, and that's to say their use of the NHS and the rest of the infrastructure is negative. I once read that if we stopped all immigration now, it would take 20 years plus for their taxes to pay for the infrastructure required to support them.

• Our Infrastructure is creaking at the seams due the rise in our population, not enough affordable social housing hence high prices to buy your own home , not enough, schools, hospitals, road system cannot cope,

• Our Infrastructure is creaking at the seams due the rise in our population, not enough affordable social housing hence high prices to buy your own home , not enough, schools, hospitals, road system cannot cope,

and this is my point, one many people just don't understand. The government simply don't have the money to invest in the infrastructure required , and even if they did, it would take decades to build

• Wasted on paying rich mates and their businesses in return for party donations. It's basically money laundering tax from the people then laundered into donations and into their pockets. If the whole country refused to pay any tax I wonder what would happen. But it would take mass numbers with many businesses included and refusing to pay folks tax on wages and shops to refuse charging VAT etc.

• The problem as I see it is people have perfectly legitimate concerns about the impact of immigration and they’re dismissed as racist.

I was speaking to someone who said they had voted Labour in the local elections and we were talking about towns in the North and we got to Burnley and the person replied - aren’t they racist there?

It’s no surprise that Labour have lost the support they have in the North and Midlands if these are the attitudes that prevail in the party. Middle-class, professional, educated, urban liberal-minded Labour voters sneering at the working class in small ‘left behind’ Brexit voting towns who traditionally have voted for the same party as them. It’s a disconnect with those who would have identified as fellow Labour voters not that long ago. Labour won’t win a majority without these voters and until it starts speaking to them.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!