The Great Debate on Immigration

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • I am not suggesting there isn’t a problem but I am suggesting that solution of deportation to Rwanda is just a political stunt.

The use of language such as “ Leftie lawyers “ Is meant to appeal to a certain demographic

There was never any doubt that this decision would be challenged in the courts because it was obviously of dubious legality

Is it? Do you happen to have a different solution to this problem?

I don’t know why you think this is of dubious legality. All the courts, right up to the Supreme Court, have rejected the appeals lodged to date under this arrangement.

The ‘leftie lawyers’ are not only flying in the face of majority popular opinion in this country, they are also causing us to spend a horrendous amount of our money attempting to satisfy their unpopular opinions.

• Never heard of this fellow or book, so thanks for the heads up on that. :thumbup:

We can deal with domestic law, especially now we're out of the EU, as we see fit. On humans rights, we are still subject to international law which we signed up to. Either we withdraw from the convention, or try and persaude every other signatory to amend it.

Horizon just double checked on the Books title long time since I read it " Britain in Agony Rise of Pollical Violence " publish 1978 on Amazon paperback about £5 some of his other books on Terrorism etc are quite dear

• Is it? Do you happen to have a different solution to this problem?

I don’t know why you think this is of dubious legality. All the courts, right up to the Supreme Court, have rejected the appeals lodged to date under this arrangement.

The ‘leftie lawyers’ are not only flying in the face of majority popular opinion in this country, they are also causing us to spend a horrendous amount of our money attempting to satisfy their unpopular opinions.

• It’s doesn’t matter if it’s an unpopular opinion, it matters whether it’s legal.

This the point that Thatcher was making.

It was always going to end up at the ECHR

Johnson & co knew this from the start but they also knew that for people like you it would make attractive headlines.

A government should at all times act within the law

• It was always going to end up at the ECHR

Johnson & co knew this from the start but they also knew that for people like you it would make attractive headlines.

I agree but that's a different matter. We know they bullshit and gaslight people all the time. That doesn't resolve the issue and this has now brought to attention something else we need to break free from if we are truly going to be independent or Brexit is a mockery. The problem is the consequences this could have for the rest of us if our gov decides to turn against us on a level of Nazi occupied Germany. Maybe this is what they want....more power over everyone not just immigrants and this could be used as the catalyst to get people in favour of removing us from the human rights. Imagine if they wanted to force vaccines on everyone. Who would stick up for us if that happened if we did not have the human rights laws. Get ready for the forced gas chambers everyone.

• It’s doesn’t matter if it’s an unpopular opinion, it matters whether it’s legal.

This the point that Thatcher was making.

It was always going to end up at the ECHR

A government should at all times act within the law

Ahem. Nobody in authority has said it’s against the law.

• He certainly gets about I would not like his Job rushed from one place to another then back for PM Question time to be ranted and roared at, I could not endure that overweight aggressive SNP MP jabbing his finger at me all the time , I would be tempted to give him a slap :)

• If I was an Eton educated person and thought I had the right connections and had a chance I would, but then I would not have the same intellect and intelligence levels I have now so wouldn't be me. Sadly Internal terrorism or civil war is probably the only thing that will fix this country not a new politician stuck in the same system.

• You don't have to go to a Public School to be an MP or possibly even an MP anyone can stand for election , as for Civil War there is no such thing as a Civil War they are anything by Civil, brutal yes no rules Father again son, Brother again Brother

• If I was an Eton educated person and thought I had the right connections and had a chance I would, but then I would not have the same intellect and intelligence levels I have now so wouldn't be me. Sadly Internal terrorism or civil war is probably the only thing that will fix this country not a new politician stuck in the same system.

To believe that the system can or will ever change is naivety. My son is an out and out Liberal, wokey communist, and get's frustrated because the UK isn't interested in adopting his beliefs. He hates anyone who is rich, doesn't believe people who don't want to work are a problem, and wants to tax the hell out of everything and everyone so we can have a better NHS and benefits system. What's more, he believes it is the right of anyone who wants to live here to come and do so. I on the other hand am very right wing, want to euthanize the over 70s, bring back capital punishment, and not just for murder, aim for zero immigration, and am convinced the answer to the world's problems is over population. The difference being that I know things won't change, whilst he is constantly angry because so few people share his beliefs. Ultimately we are stuck with what we have, and as much as I don't rate out government, I know it's the better of two evils, and by a mile. The perfect political system doesn't exists, and it never will!!

The intelligent are being oppressed so the stupid don't get offended

• The perfect political system doesn't exists, and it never will!!

That's why the system needs to change or simply disappear because it's at a level of being so screwed up that anything is better or we will continue to go downhill until people start to rebel possibly leading to civil war as it did in Cromwell's day.

• That's why the system needs to change or simply disappear because it's at a level of being so screwed up that anything is better or we will continue to go downhill until people start to rebel possibly leading to civil war as it did in Cromwell's day.

What do you suggest.

The intelligent are being oppressed so the stupid don't get offended

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!