The Great NHS debate

Please treat other members in a constructive and friendly manner: Our Community Guidelines.
  • Some great points, and although your example of the railways proves your point, telecommunications proves mine. The difference being is that the railways were rubbish before privatisation and are still rubbish now, whereas the telecommunications industry is a 100 times better.

Your right on so many points about the NHS, and that's why it angers me people stand outside on a Thursday night applauding something that is crap. I am glad you brought up IVF. Yes, 67m people and the tax payer is spending money helping people produce more sprogs, that's just bonkers. Sexual realignment for nutcases who want to be another sex. Health tourism encouraged by the fact we have a "treat first ask for money afterwards policy" . Your also right in the fact you can go into any hospital in the country and witness nurses standing around the nurse station discussing what they did at the weekend, and how how underpaid they are. Strangely enough this is less common in a private hospital, and have witnessed this many times. Again, this is NOT about under funding, it's about how the money and resources are used. Opposition parties and Jo Public are looking for a quick fix, and they think more money will achieve this, well sorry guys, it won't !!

Long Live Rich People

• Fertility Issues and IVF

Needed if you are desperate for a child resulting in mental issues

Sexual Reassignment and Gender Disphoria

Again same as above

Plastic Surgery: Tricky

Again same as above

Health Tourism:

Johnson himself reported to the House that this had brought in £900 million over the past four years

Obesity like smoking, alcohol, and drugs l is a self inflicted affection, how you separate these I cannot imagine. Education clearly does not work, I suppose there is an argument that if you can afford to pay for these you can pay for your treatment but that could make the problem worse

Waiting times - we all suffer from these at GPs surgeries but noticeably over the recent few years I have experienced exact punctuality at hospital consultants appointments. If they can do it then so can GPs

My solution to the NHS problems, let the doctors run it

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• But no indication of how much it had cost. Only half the facts is as good as no facts.

It proves that they do not come here for free treatment. Somebody somewhere is paying but racists don't like to admit that

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• It proves that they do not come here for free treatment. Somebody somewhere is paying but racists don't like to admit that

How many paid compared with how many should've paid Bryan. You don't know if the £900m recovered is against a £2bn loss.

Racism? Really? Lame...yawns theatrically

• Obesity like smoking, alcohol, and drugs l is a self inflicted affection, how you separate these I cannot imagine. Education clearly does not work, I suppose there is an argument that if you can afford to pay for these you can pay for your treatment but that could make the problem worse

Waiting times - we all suffer from these at GPs surgeries but noticeably over the recent few years I have experienced exact punctuality at hospital consultants appointments. If they can do it then so can GPs

My solution to the NHS problems, let the doctors run it

I think that self inflicted illnesses are a tricky area. A smoker who gets lung cancer but is already on benefits is not going to pay. But they still need treating unless they are going to be left to die which would be appalling. It is not any easy issue so I really don't know the solution but inefficiency is a key part of it.

There are some elective procedures that are not life threatening which should not be offered on NHS, not sure how much cash would be saved but that is not the point with those types of things.

• How many paid compared with how many should've paid Bryan. You don't know if the £900m recovered is against a £2bn loss.

Racism? Really? Lame...yawns theatrically

You tell us, you can make assertions to prove your point but no facts

Yes, "racism" that was what Brexit was all about. I don't know why you won't admit it - ashamed?

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• You tell us, you can make assertions to prove your point but no facts

Yes, "racism" that was what Brexit was all about. I don't know why you won't admit it - ashamed?

No assertions made just clearly labelled opinion and anecdote

I am not aware of racism as a motive for Brexit. It was to do with FoM which is totally unacceptable.

• No assertions made just clearly labelled opinion and anecdote

I am not aware of racism as a motive for Brexit. It was to do with FoM which is totally unacceptable.

That's how UKIP started, pure unadulterated racism

Without FOM the NHS you complain about waiting times etc would be even worse

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• If we had never had FoM we would not be having this conversation...think about that.

Oh yes we would, without our migrant workers the NHS would collapse. It's a spurious argument that they overload the NHS - the NHS is overloaded because of lack of investment which is a typical Tory trait and even worse in austerity times

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• It proves that they do not come here for free treatment. Somebody somewhere is paying but racists don't like to admit that

So you actually believe people come here from other countries for treatment and pay for it themselves. Ask yourself Bryan, why would they come here. We would not just be expensive, our treatment is not particularly good. If you are prepared to pay for treatment and are prepared to travel, the UK would be one of the last places you would go. Try India

Long Live Rich People

• Oh yes we would, without our migrant workers the NHS would collapse. It's a spurious argument that they overload the NHS - the NHS is overloaded because of lack of investment which is a typical Tory trait and even worse in austerity times

Bryan, if it wasn't for the mass immigration the last Labour government introduced, we wouldn't need all the incompetent foreigners we have in the NHS at present. Believe me, double the NHS budget and the only difference would be a rise in salaries. Yes, the NHS is hopeless, but it was as hopeless under the last Labour government, and the Tory government before that. It became useless when the population became to big, and that won't change until the system changes.

Long Live Rich People