Are UFOs and Aliens real?

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • This is not a "I want to sleep with a alien thread," :), but a serious discussion on UFOs and the implications, if they're real, on humanity.

There are unidentified things in the sky, in the seas, with capabilities far beyond our own. Perhaps they are military, or perhaps not, but these things seem to come and go as they wish.

Are they a threat?

• What are they? There doesn't seem to be anything there other than military testing which the government already knows about.

• The what are they, seems to be THE question.

I've seen two of them.

One, when I worked in a skyscraper in London about 15 years ago.

I had a large corner desk by a window and when I glanced outside one time, there was a small metallic ball about the size of a football about a metre from the window. It was moving slowly, not blowing in the wind, but moving deliberately.

I followed it all the way to the end of my floor where I ran out of windows to look through as there were no windows at the end, so I could not see what happened to it.

The second time was five years ago, on Christmas Day of all days. It was 6 in the evening and I was with a family member taking a "breather" from festivities and we were getting some air in the garden. Suddenly, we became aware of three lights above a neighbouring house over the back of us. The lights were moving around very slowly in a circle and we could just make out, just, a faint outline. It was a black triangle.... It was moving around in a circle and tilting. I went to get a camera and when I came back it was gone.

Would the military really be testing something over one of my neighbours' houses...?

BUT, on my original sighting, it was a regular event for the RAF to fly close to and around our building usually with three Chinook helicopters to test the pilot's skills in a urban setting. So, that ball might have been a probe of some sort they were testing. Very advanced, if it was them!

• Our only real threat at the moment is the evil that men do to one another. Once any self respecting alien becomes aware of this I am sure they will leave at warp speed before we get of hold of them. 8)

• Probably should create a new thread (or, how about hundreds of forums!:)) on conspiracy theories, UFOs etc, but I found this one interesting:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Lots of interest from world leaders, the Vatican, business people in Antarctica at the moment:

• They terrorised me into silence. They threatened me with probes and they told me all my relatives would be frozen solid and stored in Antarctica if I ever told anyone. So ...

• Conspiracy theories are starting to get dull. We had a hilarious conspiracy theory on an old forum. This chap genuinely believed that nuclear weapons (as well as satellites, the ISS and of course the moon landings) were a hoax. Great fun.

These days people are running out of ideas but strangely more and more people are falling for baseless nonsense. It seems to match the decline in religious belief, as if some need must be fulfilled without worrying about any substance.

• I am sure I said when I first started this forum, that I've seen two UFO's. One was over my neighbour's house, a great big black triangle with lights on each corner. I remember it vividly, as it was on Christmas day.

The other one was when I worked in a skyscraper at London Bridge. It was a small silver metal ball.

So, the bulk of conspiracy theories may be rubbish, but I've seen what I've seen and stood on the outskirts of area 51 and can well believe what kind of things may happen there. That place is in the middle of nowhere for very secret stuff. Whether it's the aliens controlling it all, who knows, but I am very into this stuff.

Now, I know that you're "keen" Hoxton, I'll post a lot more!:P

• Clever. Until they land, I doubt there will be anything in the real science sphere, although on matters like UFOs and what might power them, people like Tesla published lots of real science.

Long before they land there will be evidence of alien life.

• Conspiracy theories are starting to get dull. We had a hilarious conspiracy theory on an old forum. This chap genuinely believed that nuclear weapons (as well as satellites, the ISS and of course the moon landings) were a hoax. Great fun.

These days people are running out of ideas but strangely more and more people are falling for baseless nonsense. It seems to match the decline in religious belief, as if some need must be fulfilled without worrying about any substance.

Today I saw at the bottom of a news site a link to the Hollow Earth theory.:rolleyes: Full of Aryans, twelve lost tribes of Israel, its own sun, secret entrances and there is even a sighting of Hitler now and then. Ah, so that's where he went after the war.

• Yep. Watching Saturn's and Jupiter's moons with interest, although I'm not expecting spaceships there, but perhaps some bacteria.

Yes but even with intelligent life we will see evidence of it before we physically meet Mr and Mrs Alien. Assuming they aren't hiding themselves that is, but if they are hiding themselves (which is perfectly plausible) no one will be aware of them at all.

The only explanation that fits the complete lack of hard evidence but myriad of obscure sightings of vastly different objects is that highly technically advanced but somewhat bored aliens are using the Earth as an amusement park by toying with the natives...! Or are we part of some bizarre alien reality TV show?

• Yes but even with intelligent life we will see evidence of it before we physically meet Mr and Mrs Alien. Assuming they aren't hiding themselves that is, but if they are hiding themselves (which is perfectly plausible) no one will be aware of them at all.

The only explanation that fits the complete lack of hard evidence but myriad of obscure sightings of vastly different objects is that highly technically advanced but somewhat bored aliens are using the Earth as an amusement park by toying with the natives...! Or are we part of some bizarre alien reality TV show?

In my years on Alpha Centauri, before they sent me to Earth to be miserable and alone, we used to laugh at the funny little planet in the corner of the universe that was full of weird creatures and delicious fruits.

How little we knew! How brazen was our hasty humour!

Of course, I had to go and volunteer for a trip. The bastards left me behind on purpose, with two prophets and a books of jokes. They thought I might teach someone something.

I think they have forgotten to come back and fetch me.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!