Are UFOs and Aliens real?

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Or are we part of some bizarre alien reality TV show?

That is one of David Icke's latest theries is that we are in a Matrix. He's not kidding when he says it either!

The only explanation that fits the complete lack of hard evidence

If you when you say hard, you mean something you can tough, I grant you there, that there are issues on that front. But look at all the various clips that have come from the Apollo or Shuttle programmes, that have showed UFOs caught on their cameras. Or, more recently from the International Space Space, tons of stuff.

Now, I will definitely create a UFO thread now.:)

• I've never seen one or any evidence of one so it's not possible for me to judge if they are a threat or not.

There seems to be a variety of sightings of hugely different objects which seems odd unless we are getting numerous visits from many different alien worlds perhaps just briefly passing through our reality stream without necessarily realising it.

A very advanced life form would be aware of our type of life, we already comprehend all sorts of types of life ourselves even at our stage of civilisation. Seems hard to believe that aliens would have forgotten their own development or not be able to recognise life when they see it elsewhere. So an interested alien life form would either sit back and quietly observe without interfering, or attempt some kind of contact. Something else must be going on, any other ideas?

I've already put forward the bored aliens on a wind up idea, which might be a minor piss take but look at where our own leisure and entertainment pursuits get us and perhaps it's not so daft after all...

• I am going to stand out in the garden this summer with my thumb in the air during full moon in the hope that whoever dumped me here will see me and remember to pick me up. It really is beyond a joke. And I've run out of cosmic star cookies.

• There seems to be a variety of sightings of hugely different objects which seems odd unless we are getting numerous visits from many different alien worlds perhaps just briefly passing through our reality stream without necessarily realising it.

Could be accidental visits as you say, a bit of a pit stop at a service station on the way to elsewhere.

A very advanced life form would be aware of our type of life, we already comprehend all sorts of types of life ourselves even at our stage of civilisation. Seems hard to believe that aliens would have forgotten their own development or not be able to recognise life when they see it elsewhere. So an interested alien life form would either sit back and quietly observe without interfering, or attempt some kind of contact. Something else must be going on, any other ideas?

Some believe the crop circles, not the ones done by the old men, are a form of communication.

Flying in mass over major cities, like London, could be another form of communication. Basically, they're saying we're here.

As I said in my OP, the encounter with the silver ball, could've been a very advanced military probe. But would they test such a thing in broad daylight and right outside my office? The black triangle over my neighbours house, I do not believe was military for one second. I do not know what it was.

I've already put forward the bored aliens on a wind up idea, which might be a minor piss take but look at where our own leisure and entertainment pursuits get us and perhaps it's not so daft after all...

Could well be, whose to say they've got to get their kicks somewhere.

I don't know if these things are alien or not, but there are lots of them seen all around the world.

In the 80's, the soviets ordered every single military and KGB officer to watch the skies and report any UFOs. Once the Berlin Wall came down, the information on this flooded out of the ex-Soviet Union. Suffice to say, there were many reports.

NASA astronauts say they have seem them. Many pilots have reported them which can cost them their jobs. Police officers and military have reported them. It's a world wide phenomenon.

And I don't want to take the thread into conspiracy theories too much, but there has been tons of activity in Antarctica. Look up proper newspaper articles on this.

The Pope met with his Russian counterpart, the first time the leaders of the Catholic Church and Russian Orthodox Church have ever met and they both visited Antarctica. Businessmen and various politicians have been down there over the last few years, stopping at Christchurch in New Zealand first.

I'm not saying for definite that we're being visited by little green (or grey) men, but odd things are happening.

• If they wanted to communicate they would have done it effectively by now so that doesn't stand up for me.

Also any cover up would need to be on a monumental scale involving pretty much every governmental or scientific organisation on the planet. In the good old days of the moon landing hoax it was only the Americans we weren't to believe. These days it involves too many people including many amateur groups too, and what is the point of a cover up anyway? Most people think it is only a matter of time before we meet aliens for real.

So we're back to the following possibilities that I can think of:

1. They don't want to interfere for Star Trek style prime directive reasons - certainly plausible but this would only be true if there were extremely few, perhaps one, sightings.
    2. They are friendly and want to communicate. If so they would have done by now.
    3. They are hostile. If so we would know pretty quickly...
    4. We are a playground for bored aliens to wind us up with odd happenings.
    5. These aliens are totally different to us, they are millions of different types and they don't even know we are here.

1 to 3 must surely be discounted leaving only 4 and 5 as fantastic but at least plausible.

Of course if you look at each individual sighting you can often find natural explanations but that takes so much time an effort for each one that people rarely bother, which only fuels the alien theories.

Finally, there's no such thing as a proper newspaper article!

• If they wanted to communicate they would have done it effectively by now so that doesn't stand up for me.

You must be aware of the famous radio broadcast in the '40s in America of War of the Worlds. It caused so much panic as Americans thought they were coming under a alien invasion.

Knowing that official alien contact could cause widespread panic as well as a collapse in existing belief systems, any friendly alien civilisation as well as any government, would think very carefully about disclosing the existence of intelligent alien life. The main conspiracy theory is of course that the aliens have contacted us, but only at government level, leaving aside all the stuff about abductions.

I'm going to have to move this thread into the chat area, as it will quickly go off the subject of defence.:)

• Alien contact wouldn't cause widespread panic these days, aren't most people expecting it? In the 40s we hadn't even left Earth's atmosphere - now we've discovered loads of potentially habitable alien worlds in the tiniest region of space we've looked at. I'm sure it can be managed too e.g. start with announcing detection of an electromagnetic signal and work your way up from there.

I don't think it will affect belief systems either. They've survived all sorts of direct contradictions to their good books such as evolution and the big bang, that they will most likely ride this storm too.

• Also any cover up would need to be on a monumental scale involving pretty much every governmental or scientific organisation on the planet. In the good old days of the moon landing hoax it was only the Americans we weren't to believe. These days it involves too many people including many amateur groups too, and what is the point of a cover up anyway? Most people think it is only a matter of time before we meet aliens for real.

There are loads of people who have come forward and said they have had contact with UFOs. As an engineer yourself, what if a fellow engineer said he had contact with UFOs, would you believe him? In addition, what if that engineer was working for the military on nuclear missile programmes. Either he's nuts, lying, or telling the truth.

It's all there on the net.

• I think if such beings existed and they were totally hostile, I agree, we'd have known about it by now. But, perhaps we are putting too much human traits and motivations on them.

The famous case of Travis Walton which the book and film, Fire In The Sky, was based on, is a good reference.

Walton was allegedly abducted by aliens, so the aliens were hardly friendly, but, they returned him. Although in recent years, he believes he was involved in a accident involving a discharge of energy from their craft. Anyway, he was a hardworking logger and the UFO was seen by his six colleagues too, all hard mid western men, not Californian nuts.

They all reported their experiences to the police and have all undergone several polygraph tests over the years which they have passed each time. Again, they're either mad, lying, or telling the truth.

• There are loads of people who have come forward and said they have had contact with UFOs. As an engineer yourself, what if a fellow engineer said he had contact with UFOs, would you believe him? In addition, what if that engineer was working for the military on nuclear missile programmes. Either he's nuts, lying, or telling the truth.

It's all there on the net.

The net is not exactly reliable.

I believe people have seen something, what I was trying to do was look into some of the alien scenarios because it seems to fall apart a bit there.

The natural world around us is weird, maybe there is more going on there than we give credit for?

• Look at this sighting from London involving multiple witness':

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• The net is not exactly reliable.

I believe people have seen something, what I was trying to do was look into some of the alien scenarios because it seems to fall apart a bit there.

The natural world around us is weird, maybe there is more going on there than we give credit for?

Another theory is that these things aren't alien at all, in the sense that they come from another world. They come from this world, and we haven't officially discovered them yet.

Up until I had my two sightings, I was interested in the subject, but gave it scant lip service. Now, I firmly believe that there are some things flying around our skies or in our seas. I would love science to prove it's all rubbish or fact, one way or another.

When I saw the silver ball, it was about 4 metres away from me 20 floors up. It wasn't a balloon.

• Look at this sighting from London involving multiple witness':

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Another explanation?

https://www.blender.org

and a couple of mates.

• Crop circles: no alien wanting to use them for navigation would make such artistic designs. They would have sophisticated navigation and wouldn't need to risk crushing stalks to do the job.

• I have no idea if UFO's exist but the amount of sightings would indicate there are things we don't know about going on in the sky.

However I am absolutely convinced that there is Advanced life on other planets. If we assume life on Earth was just an accident of a number of things coming together then with the trillions of other planets out there that accident must of happened many times over and produced many different results

• I have no idea if UFO's exist but the amount of sightings would indicate there are things we don't know about going on in the sky.

However I am absolutely convinced that there is Advanced life on other planets. If we assume life on Earth was just an accident of a number of things coming together then with the trillions of other planets out there that accident must of happened many times over and produced many different results

Not sure how many sightings there have actually been I'm afraid. There are a lot of hoaxers out there and it is getting easier and easier to knock up a decent hoax these days. Check the YouTube clip above, if that guy hadn't made one small mistake it would have been leaped on as real evidence. A stark example to remind us we are living in an era of anti-science at the moment. Only the authorities are mistrusted, it seems like anyone else can get away with anything!

As for advanced life elsewhere then I'm with you although starting to accept it isn't going to be as common as I used to think.

• Cop circles: no alien wanting to use them for navigation would make such artistic designs. They would have sophisticated navigation and wouldn't need to risk crushing stalks to do the job.

Glowing orbs have been caught on camera making them, although whether they are genuine videos or fake is another matter entirely, I'll dig some up later and post them.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!