Another German terrorist attack

• A man has died and two other people were hurt after a man drove into a pedestrian area in Heidelberg, Germany.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39091858
    ====
    They don't even need bombs or guns now, a simple car is an effect terrorist weapon?
    What happens when driverless cars become mainstream?...

Mod edit: As Graham pointed out this attack was NOT terrorist related.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• These lone terrorist attacks can't really be defended against except by really good intelligence services. However, I do think we need to more aggressive in detaining suspects and known extremists. It's time the human rights of the public were put before the human rights of those who wish to destroy our society. It's better to lock up a few high risk suspects than allow innocent shoppers to be slaughtered.

Today's headline on the subject shows the risk we are facing.

Britain faces a level of terror threat not seen since the IRA bombings of the 1970s, according to a new watchdog.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39093389

• Is this a terrorist attack?

The article its linked to suggest it is not, have you other evidence or is this just "Trumpist" wishful thinking the the misrepresentation of Swedish Crime stats by Farage and Trump. Below you find that the Fox News source was a BBC report that they deliberately misrepresented.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04txtsm#play

We live in the dangerous times when our politicians no longer believe in facts.

• It's not what happened last night in Sweden that matters, it's what's happening all the time in Sweden. Anyone who wants to deny it is simply trying to pretend it isn't happening. Sweden is suffering from its own misguided social engineering and Germany is soon to follow unless they boot out the midget and do something about her idiot years as the EU's little supremo..

• It's a fair question and the answer is no, it doesn't look like it.

In my defence, it was late and I was tired when I posted the link.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• It's not what happened last night in Sweden that matters, it's what's happening all the time in Sweden. Anyone who wants to deny it is simply trying to pretend it isn't happening. Sweden is suffering from its own misguided social engineering and Germany is soon to follow unless they boot out the midget and do something about her idiot years as the EU's little supremo..

I live half my life in Sweden, so I bet I have a much better idea of what goes on in Gothenburg than you have.

Are their problems yes; are they reported yes; do I feel safer in Gothenburg than Birmingham yes; do my wife and daughter feel safer in Gothenburg than Birmingham yes. It's a lovely country, and I do not know what this rubbish you write about social engineering as Sweden's refugee influx has had nothing to do with social policy but a policy that goes back to the 2nd world war where Sweden is justly proud of its policy of offering a home to refugees, be they the Jews from Denmark and Holland in the early 40s, the Vietnamese during the 60s and 70s, the Irainians in the 80s and so on.

Did they allow too many refugees come in the last 10 years, probably, but this talk of Swdden being a rape capital as Farage and Trump is just rubbish as the link I gave proves, nothing but a lie and you sir are fool enough to buy it.

• I'm not a sir, darling, and I haven't bought anything. I'm half Norwegian so what happens to other Scandinavians is very important to me. I am also not wrong but that will pan out pretty soon, so hang in there. I live in a place where immigration is becoming a problem and it is causing the same kind of responses from natives that are happening elsewhere in the world.

No, it's not racism, no, it's not bigotry, no, it's not nasty unluvviness, it's just plain old fashioned reality. Eventually, everyone is going to have to take stock of it and heed it, or face civic unrest that can, and possibly will, topple governments.

Bear in mind that many governments that allow all this unfettered happy clappy philosophy also have elitist problems of their own. They thieve from the people, they neglect various significant aspects of people's lives, they force themselves and their beliefs and demands onto the populace and they punish in a variety of ways anyone who dissents.

I am not at all concerned about what anyone might want to think about what goes on. I have experienced what will go on, am experiencing it, and I am merely saying that to say all is well when all isn't well is simply to shift the whole mess onto another generation and to push the culture that has been invaded, pock marked and finally ruined, closer to the edge of a cliff from which no culture or civilization tends to return, once it tips over that edge and falls into the abyss of history.

But to continue to sing holy praises about how lovely things are, is to ignore the unlovely things that have no outlet, no matter to which group these unlovely aspects may apply. Some day that eggshell is going to crack. This is why it's better to mention the elephant in the room before it gets up and breaks everything to pieces. Sure, a new room will be built but it will be the elephant's new room. How many people actually want that to happen?