Should The Licence Fee Be Scrapped? Should the BBC?

Please treat other members in a constructive and friendly manner: Our Community Guidelines.
  • Thin indeed, but that's because they have far too many services.

I would bring back BBC3, but make it a kids channel during the day, with teen stuff in the evening and BBC4 would be a combined news/documentary/politics channel, thus axing the news channel in its current form. I would cut out a lot of their radio stations which could be covered by someone else.

Problem is if they stopped the realty stuff, celebrity chefs, bargain hunt/makeover type shows, there wouldn't be much left at the moment.

If I were a BBC boss today, I would look back in the archives and remake a load of stuff and give it the HD/4k treatment. I can think of lots of really great kids shows from when I was a kid that could be remade. How about a new version of Children of the Stones, as but one example.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• For me it is simple... if you are corrupt, break the law and totally lacking in integrity... you should be dumped forthwith.

I am but mad north north west.. But when the wind is southerly I know a Hawke from a Handsaw.

People don't believe lies because they have to - they believe lies because they want to.

• For me it is simple... if you are corrupt, break the law and totally lacking in integrity... you should be dumped forthwith.

This from someone who openly boasts about not buying a TV licence and encourages others to so the same

Some integrity

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• HMRC have nice friendly adverts asking/reminding people to submit their tax forms/papers.

The BBC threatens, doubles-up on those threats in the vilest way - this alone is sufficient for dumping this rotten "service".

It was great diverting, what was my licence fee, money to help independent investigative journalists fight the leftie illiberal mushy minded fascists..

I am but mad north north west.. But when the wind is southerly I know a Hawke from a Handsaw.

People don't believe lies because they have to - they believe lies because they want to.

• HMRC have nice friendly adverts asking/reminding people to submit their tax forms/papers.

The BBC threatens, doubles-up on those threats in the vilest way - this alone is sufficient for dumping this rotten "service".

It was great diverting, what was my licence fee, money to help independent investigative journalists fight the leftie illiberal mushy minded fascists..

HMRC are being helpful reminding people to return their forms in time. If they don't they will be penalised

BBC regularly run ads about the licence fee to remind viewers that is the law, if they don't pay for one they too get penalised

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out