The Great Debate about the BBC and Licence Fee

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • The irony being that it was in response to a government demand that the BBC started that folly of exiting London

Yes, I understand why that is an objective, but throwing money at things like this is unwise and sloppy to say the least. There should be budgets for everything, managers having to justify and bid for the amounts they wanted. It sounds like a free for all at the BBC.

• I don't hate the BBC. I just don't like its funding, financial mismanagement and wokeness. All those things can be fixed.

The way I saw the issue of funding was taken from the report.

• The BBC is run by Marxists. It discriminates - it is biased - it is a disgrace.

There is a reason why many millions stopped paying the license fee. Modern tech is not the main reason. people despise its breaching the charter. Covering for Saville, banning right-wing speakers to opposing arguments of their leftie narrative.

If they adhered to their charter and did not ban people they do not like I would pay the license fee.

8|Do not trade me a Rabbit and hand me a Hare. (I know the strain of species in Leporidae).

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

• The BBC is run by Marxists. It discriminates - it is biased - it is a disgrace.

There is a reason why many millions stopped paying the license fee. Modern tech is not the main reason. people despise its breaching the charter. Covering for Saville, banning right-wing speakers to opposing arguments of their leftie narrative.

If they adhered to their charter and did not ban people they do not like I would pay the license fee.

more fiction ^

• More skimpy replies - saying nothing. I like it. ^^^^^^

Wokism.

8|Do not trade me a Rabbit and hand me a Hare. (I know the strain of species in Leporidae).

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

• There exists a crisis in funding the BBC. Why? Millions refused to pay the license fee - even before the advancement of digital.

Why do people not pay the license fee? Because the BBC breaches its charter. It is seriously biased. It is leftwaffe woke.

I want informative TV. News stations to report the truth from all points of view (including leftists). Presenters employed based on merit and not colour, sex, disability etc. DEI.

• I’ve told you 500 trillion times to stop exaggerating. ;)

https://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/cs/media-centre/news/view.app?id=1369782639827

[EXTRACT]

Last year 256,600 people were caught watching TV without a licence.

Evasion is not the issue. Many people stopped paying and do not watch live TV. They have not been taken to court because they have not committed an offence. I have not paid the fee for over 25 years. I have not committed any offence. Zero.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!