Say goodbye to your favourite actor, writer, performer etc. RIP...

• No one is immortal, but those actors, musicians, artists, performers, writers, directors etc do live on in many ways through all the wonderful work they have been involved with.

Say goodbye to all of them here in this central thread.

==========

Actor Bill Paxton, who was best known for his role in the sci-fi classic Aliens, has died at the age of 61, US media report.

RIP Bill.

One of the things I really liked what he was in and I don't think it ever got wide attention, was a series about polygamist Mormons called "Big Love".

He played a man who was married with three wifes and this being a HBO show, was more adult in nature than most American network tv, but the series was also extremely humorous. I absolutely loved it! Check it out if you ever see it on Netflix/Amazon etc.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• Roger Moore's gone!

Actor Sir Roger Moore, best known for playing James Bond, has died aged 89, his family has announced.

He played the famous spy in seven Bond films including Live and Let Die and A View to a Kill.

Obviously, he'll be remembered for the Bond films especially that scene with the car going into the water and the fat American's reaction to that. Priceless. But he has been in loads of other stuff too. I did like North Sea Hijack, the various war films he's done, but as well as Bond, it'll be the TV I'll most remember him for.

I never did particularly like The Persuaders, but I loved The Saint.

RIP Roger and out of all of them, he was my favourite Bond. Far removed from that envisioned by Fleming's novels, but a great characterisation none the less.

• The Bond Roger played was iconic to him, I think. I never liked Sean Connery and my favourite Bond was Timothy Dalton. (George Lazenby I liked a lot too, but they dropped him unfortunately.)

• I didn't like Piers Brosnan as Bond, not because there is anything wrong with his acting, he did it very well, I just preferred the Timothy Dalton type of Bond, and the George Lazenby type. Serious spies, not fantasy/comic portrayals. I confess to not being enamoured of Daniel Craig as Bond.

• Craig's portrayal was much closer to what Flemming envisaged as Bond, but I can't say I was keen on him or the others. Really, the only one I liked was Moore's version, although I admit it was for the comedic/super heroes portrayal.

• Yep, even he made light of in in the end with his raised eyebrow comments.:)

• I don't know what it is about actors of today and films, but they just don't resonate with me like they used to.

• They're just all special effects now, at least the ones churned out from Hollywood. But American tv, especially those that on on their cable networks are good and are far better than most of the rubbish in this country now.

• Former Blue Peter presenter John Noakes, who hosted the show in the 1960s and 1970s, has died aged 83.

Noakes was the BBC children's show's longest-serving presenter, appearing for more than 12 years, and was often seen with his dog Shep by his side.

He was also known for his daredevil stunts like climbing Nelson's Column and jumping out of planes - and for his famous encounter with a baby elephant.

"Get down, Shep!"

The best BP presenter of them all has passed away. RIP John. Another part of my childhood gone.

• Mine too. John was always the adventurous one. RIP

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in red it is moderation. Take note.

• Comic actor Roy Barraclough, who played Rovers Return landlord Alec Gilroy in Coronation Street, has died aged 81.

Julie Goodyear, who starred as his on-screen wife Bet Lynch, led the tributes by saying she was "devastated" by the loss of her "dearest friend".

Lancashire-born Barraclough was also known for his partnership with Les Dawson, especially their portrayal of gossiping housewives Cissie and Ada.

I know I'm a bit late on this news, but RIP Roy.

• RIP Cleggy. Fine actor was Peter

• Adam West, the US actor best known as the star of the 1960s hit TV series Batman, has died aged 88.

His tongue-in-cheek portrayal of Batman and the superhero's alter ego Bruce Wayne won a cult following.

I loved this tv series.

I know it would be considered camp or corny as the Yanks would say it, but it was great fun.

I never liked either the comic or film versions of Batman, as they were too dark for my tastes. I like my superheroes to be nice and the film versions of Batman were very grey, at the very least. But West's portray of Batman was fun and colourful. And that wonderful tv theme...:)

RIP Adam West.

• Agree with you about superheroes. I make mine good and true as well. I don't like the modern trend in having a bit of evil on the side in that kind of personality. Old School. Those days were great.

• I never saw the last film, the one with the late Heath Ledger in them, but Batman for me was more anti-hero that hero.

A better example would be a anti-hero type character I like and that is in the series Arrow. Not as dark as the film versions of Batman, but otherwise a similar kind of thing.

• I always liked the TV series and the super villens were great fun: Joker, Riddler, Penguin and of course Cat Woman. Who can forget the "walking up the side of a building hanging on a rope" that was obviously shot on the flat even to a kid like me.

RIP Adam.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in red it is moderation. Take note.

• I always liked the TV series and the super villens were great fun: Joker, Riddler, Penguin and of course Cat Woman. Who can forget the "walking up the side of a building hanging on a rope" that was obviously shot on the flat even to a kid like me.

RIP Adam.

What annoys me is that everyone laughs at these kind of tv series' today and calls them camp, and they mean that in a very derogatory sense.

A lot of these golden oldie tv series were harmless fun, unlike the nasty, backbiting tv we get now.

• What I don't like is taking something innocent like kids tv shows and people trying to turn it into something it wasn't.

Although, my eyes were forced open and my childhood ruined when someone once explained to me on another forum the hidden meaning behind some of these shows such as The Magic Roundabout aka it wall about drugs.

• They tried to say Lewis Carroll was a paedophile. They have tried to trash everything that was once part of our childhood and our heritage. You have no idea how angry I get about this.