Say goodbye to your favourite actor, writer, performer etc. RIP...

• The rainbow is fading

Geoffrey Hayes, who hosted long-running children's TV show, Rainbow, has died aged 76.

;(

Most of the personalities from my childhood are gone now.

Bye Geoffrey, thanks for the great kids tv.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• Dame June Whitfield, star of Absolutely Fabulous, dies aged 93

Dame June Whitfield - celebrated for her comic roles in BBC sitcom Terry and June and cult favourite Absolutely Fabulous - has died aged 93.

The London-born actress was a regular fixture on TV and radio for six decades, starring in Carry On films, Hancock's Half Hour, and even Friends.

At 89, she appeared in EastEnders as Sister Ruth, a nun with a secret about Kat Moon. At 92, she was made a dame.

Never knew she was in Eastenders recently as I don't watch it, but for me she will always be June from Terry and June.

RIP June.

• Clive Swift: Keeping Up Appearances star dies at 82

Actor Clive Swift, known to millions as Hyacinth Bucket's hen-pecked husband Richard in BBC One's 90s sitcom Keeping Up Appearances, has died aged 82.

Swift, who spent 10 years at the RSC before breaking into television, also acted in such series as Peak Practice, Born and Bred and The Old Guys.

He spent six years playing Richard opposite Dame Patricia Routledge.

What a shame, I thought he was great in Keeping Up Apperances, one of the last great comedies on tv.

RIP.

• Albert Finney, the legendary Oscar nominated actor of Tom Jones, Erin Brockovich and Skyfall fame has died at the age of 82.

A family spokesman today confirmed his death, saying: "He passed away peacefully after a short illness with those closest to him by his side. The family request privacy at this sad time."

Another great versatile actor gone.

RIP.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.

• I think versatile is a very good description for him Heero. He's pretty much done everything and done some terrific films.

RIP.

• Windsor Davies: It Ain't Half Hot Mum actor dies aged 88

Actor and star of It Ain't Half Hot Mum, Windsor Davies, has died.

Davies, 88, who was best known as the sergeant major in the TV series, died on Thursday, his family said.

Born in Canning Town, London, he returned to his father's home village, Nantymoel in Bridgend county, when World War Two broke out.

This happened last month, but I missed it from here. Now corrected.

One of all time favourite comedic actors.

Thanks for the laughs, Windsor.

• Dallas TV star Ken Kercheval dies aged 83

Ken Kercheval, an actor who played oil tycoon Cliff Barnes in the popular soap opera Dallas, has died at age 83.

A spokeswoman at Frist Funeral Home in Kercheval's hometown of Clinton, Indiana, confirmed his death to the BBC but was unable to give further details.

I know I've said this before, but I lo-v-e-d Dallas and Cliff Barnes was a great opposite to JR. Those two characters made that show.

RIP Ken.

• Freddie Starr: Tributes after reports say comedian died, aged 76

Tributes have been paid to comedian Freddie Starr who has reportedly died, aged 76.

The Merseyside-born comic, impressionist, singer and actor was found dead inside his home in the Costa Del Sol region of Spain, the Sun said.

Although he wasn't in the same league as the likes of Tommy Cooper, he still had that zany wildness that made him hilarious, when he was at his best.

RIP Freddie.

• That gift of the Sun headline: "Freddie Star ate my hamster" which wasn't actually true, just one of his pranks.

RIP and thanks for the laughs.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

• FAMOUS FELINE

Grumpy Cat is dead – Tributes, memes and live reaction to the death of Tardar Sauce

The star cat had recently contracted a urinary tract infection 'that became too tough for her to overcome'

RIP.

4312-gwban-gif

• we lost Doris Day the other day.

I remember my gran had "whipcrackaway" and "Deadwood stage" on 78's.

Not my cup of tea but RIP.

4312-gwban-gif

• Doris Day, Hollywood actress and singer, dies aged 97

Hollywood legend Doris Day, whose films made her one of the biggest stars of all time, has died aged 97.

The singer turned actress starred in films such as Calamity Jane and Pillow Talk and had a hit in 1956 with Que Sera, Sera (Whatever Will Be, Will Be).

Her screen partnership with Rock Hudson is one of the best-known in the history of romantic movies.

Just thought I'd post the official news link from the 13th May. Lesser mortals have got that in this thread, so she deserves it too.

• I've not seen the film, but certainly remember Lauda and the awful accident he had.

RIP. And at only 70...