Say goodbye to your favourite actor, writer, performer etc. RIP...

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Doris Day, Hollywood actress and singer, dies aged 97

Hollywood legend Doris Day, whose films made her one of the biggest stars of all time, has died aged 97.

The singer turned actress starred in films such as Calamity Jane and Pillow Talk and had a hit in 1956 with Que Sera, Sera (Whatever Will Be, Will Be).

Her screen partnership with Rock Hudson is one of the best-known in the history of romantic movies.

Just thought I'd post the official news link from the 13th May. Lesser mortals have got that in this thread, so she deserves it too.

• Actor Rip Torn has died at the age of 88, his publicist confirmed this morning.

The wildman stage and screen legend - who starred in Men In Black and Dodgeball - passed away at home in Lakeville, Connecticut.

He had his wife Amy Wright and daughters Katie Torn and Angelica Page by his side as he died following an unspecified illness.

Rip Torn - a free-spirited Texan who overcame his quirky name to become a distinguished actor - had a career spanning seven decades.

He won an Emmy late in his career for his comedy turn on TV's The Larry Sanders Show.

Fondly remembered from MiB. RIP.

• Veteran actor Freddie Jones, who is best known for playing Sandy Thomas in Emmerdale, has died at the age of 91, his agent has said.

Jones was most recently known for playing Sandy Thomas in the soap from 2005 until 2018.

Lesley Duff said: "It is with great sadness that I can confirm the death of Freddie Jones.

"He passed away on the evening of July 9 after a short illness.

"Freddie was a much loved and admired actor, known for his triumphs in classical theatre, film and television. He will be greatly missed by all who had the pleasure of knowing him and most especially his family."

I never watched Emmerdale but he was immediatly recognisable in a number of film roles such as Thufir Hawat in Dune. RIP

• Not been mentioned here but Rutger Hauer, famously from Blade runner but many other roles as the Guinness man, Lexx and Ladyhawke that my mother rather liked.

RIP

We've got the Blade runner directors cut DVD. Maybe this evenings film.

What news I've seen over recent days has been political in nature, so missed this. A great sci-fi actor.

RIP.

• Joe Longthorne dies at Blackpool home

Entertainer Joe Longthorne, whose career spanned five decades, has died aged 64.

Best known as a singer and impressionist, he regularly appeared on TV shows and toured overseas.

It was only until I just did a quick search about him did I recall who he was. How quickly they can be forgotten...:(

He was part of a small group of entertainers who used to keep the country entertained on prime time tv for years, I wish he could've remained on tv longer before he and the others got pushed out by the likes of Simon Cowell and co and all the reality type contest shows that now dominate the airwaves on the weekends.

RIP Joe.

How terrible that for most of his adult life he was fighting one illness after another, but he still came back fighting. Here's a little montage from youtube:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• TV chef Gary Rhodes, 59. RIP.

The MasterChef and Hell's Kitchen star - famed for his gelled spiky hair - died unexpectedly with his wife by his bedside in Dubai.

The dad-of-two - who moved to the UAE in recent years for work - was working on the day he died and his death is said to have comes as a complete shock.

His devastated family said: "The Rhodes family are deeply saddened to announce the passing of beloved husband, father and brother, Gary Rhodes OBE.

"Gary passed away last evening at the age of 59, with his beloved wife Jennie by his side.

I remember when he burst onto our screens with the spiky hair. Younger than I am. 8|

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!