Say goodbye to your favourite actor, writer, performer etc. RIP...

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • I never saw the last film, the one with the late Heath Ledger in them, but Batman for me was more anti-hero that hero.

A better example would be a anti-hero type character I like and that is in the series Arrow. Not as dark as the film versions of Batman, but otherwise a similar kind of thing.

• I always liked the TV series and the super villens were great fun: Joker, Riddler, Penguin and of course Cat Woman. Who can forget the "walking up the side of a building hanging on a rope" that was obviously shot on the flat even to a kid like me.

RIP Adam.

• The Devil has always been a great favourite as a foil to the good guy. Whether he's a comic villain or a debonair, sexy, super poker player or violinist.

• I always liked the TV series and the super villens were great fun: Joker, Riddler, Penguin and of course Cat Woman. Who can forget the "walking up the side of a building hanging on a rope" that was obviously shot on the flat even to a kid like me.

RIP Adam.

What annoys me is that everyone laughs at these kind of tv series' today and calls them camp, and they mean that in a very derogatory sense.

A lot of these golden oldie tv series were harmless fun, unlike the nasty, backbiting tv we get now.

• What I don't like is taking something innocent like kids tv shows and people trying to turn it into something it wasn't.

Although, my eyes were forced open and my childhood ruined when someone once explained to me on another forum the hidden meaning behind some of these shows such as The Magic Roundabout aka it's all about drugs.

• They tried to say Lewis Carroll was a paedophile. They have tried to trash everything that was once part of our childhood and our heritage. You have no idea how angry I get about this.

• I do yawn now some of the time, but when I was first introduced to it as an English student with The London Review of Books as required extra reading, I just wanted to bite by granny every time I saw this sort of thing. I have grown to comprehend what sort of entity goes in for this. I have learned to add them to my list of contemptibles.

• Children's presenter Brian Cant has died at the age of 83.

He was best known for presenting BBC's Play School for 21 years from 1964, and Play Away from 1971 to 1984.

NO, NO, NO.

They're all going.

He was number 1 in my opinion.

Who didn't know Brian Cant if you were a child in the seventies, or earlier, or later? He was THE voice of children's television for a generation and coming so soon after John Noakes.

From Play School to Trumpton, he was everywhere and such an important part of my childhood. I loved Trumpton, but all the shows he did I loved.

"Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble, Grub."

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

But this was my favourite:

RIP Brian.

• Rhinestone Cowboy singer Glen Campbell has died at the age of 81 after "a long and courageous battle" with Alzheimer's disease, his family said.

"It is with the heaviest of hearts that we announce the passing of our beloved husband, father, grandfather," their statement said.

I couldn't less this go without a mention here.

Although he was before my time, I still grew up with the music of Glen Campbell played throughout my house and very nice music it is too.

RIP Glenn.

• He made some great stuff. I like a bit of country and western sometimes. I think most of the population could probably sing along to several of his hits.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!