ITV unveils new look for 2019

• ITV today announced a new on-screen identity for the ITV main channel, which will see the channel's idents change every week starting in January 2019.

For each week of the year, a different artist will create a piece of work, which is their expression of the ITV logo. This will then be filmed and produced into a set of idents by ITV’s in-house creative agency, ITV Creative.

Ahh.... ITV, that once great British broadcaster, those were the days. It used to be we'd get announcements of their Christmas line-up of tv shows, but hey we have reality tv and Corrie on a hundred times a week now, so instead ITV has announced that starting in the new year, they will have a different on screen ident every week.

Take a look at some of them:

I like the middle ident, the more than tv one, but as for the rest, what are they thinking?

With Netflix and other streamers getting ever more powerful, shouldn't our broadcasters be thinking a little bit more about the programmes they are showing, rather than their on-screen look?

What do you think of the new idents?

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• Middle one is OK but the other two. <X

Maybe they should spend some money on content instead.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.

• It's things like this Heero that make me think that sooner or later, Netflix or not, our traditional British broadcasters will simply die off.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.