If you won the lottery, what would you do next?

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • EuroMillions: County Armagh couple 'overwhelmed' at £115m jackpot win

A couple from County Armagh have said they are overwhelmed at winning almost £115m in a EuroMillions draw.

The couple, Frances and Patrick Connolly, who live in Moira, County Down, matched the winning numbers in the New Year's Day draw.

It is the fourth biggest UK EuroMillions win.

Lucky couple, that's a lot of dosh.

They say that money can't buy happiness, which is true, but it can alleviate problems and give you options you wouldn't normally have.

Personally, I'd buy a desert island so as to never have any neighbours again.:)

• I'm always minded by a quote from dear Spike Milligan: "Money can't buy friends, but you can get a better class of enemy."

I think I'd buy (or have built) a decent place with surrounding estate somewhere warm and sunny. Cyprus comes to mind as it's very like the UK but with better weather. English is widely spoken, signs are also in English and they drive on the correct side of the road. Even the plugs are the same.:)

• I'm always minded by a quote from dear Spike Milligan: "Money can't buy friends, but you can get a better class of enemy."

I think I'd buy (or have built) a decent place with surrounding estate somewhere warm and sunny. Cyprus comes to mind as it's very like the UK but with better weather. English is widely spoken, signs are also in English and they drive on the correct side of the road. Even the plugs are the same.:)

Had a relative who lived there for years and loved it. They've had to come back to the UK for now, but are planning to retire there.

First thing, don’t go public.

Yep. I'd stay silent too. It's amazing how many "friends" can come out of the woodwork, when they know you have money.

there is also a high British army presence. lived on acrotiri for a few years

• there is also a high British army presence. lived on acrotiri for a few years

Indeed there is. It's where we launch our air-strikes against ISIS and Syria from there and before that (and still do) act as peacekeepers between the Greeks and Turks on the island. Apart from all that, it's very nice and somewhere I'd consider moving to if I'd won the lottery.

• I would buy my wife a nice new house, in order I could live in our present one by myself :)

The intelligent are being oppressed so the stupid don't get offended

• I would struggle to decide. There are so many charities, and family members, who could benefit. I think I'd make lots of donations to many, rather than one big donation.

Mark Twain — 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

• Does anyone know how you get your money if you win?

Do you have to visit Camelot or do they come to you?

• If its the jackpot, they come to you with a bus load of media, otherwise I presume they send a cheque.

I would struggle to decide. There are so many charities, and family members, who could benefit. I think I'd make lots of donations to many, rather than one big donation.

I have found many charities to be a sham, so like you, I'd rather share it out in small chunks

But that's what pulls in the punters: Rich beyond the dreams of avarice.

True. And with that kind of dosh, there's always a new super yacht on the market. I'd pay Philip Green a visit with my yacht.:evil::whistling:

• These euromillions jackpots are ridiculous. Just imagine how many people could have a substantially better life, if the jackpot was shared out a bit more.

The strange thing is the bigger the jackpot the more tickets are sold. Apparently £60m isn't enough to get people spending £2.50 on a ticket. Once listened to a Camelot expert on the radio who informed us the ideal amount is £800k. Few marriages survive very large jackpots. Believe it or not, so many of us are kept together for financial purposes, whether we realise it or not.

The intelligent are being oppressed so the stupid don't get offended

• Yes, I can believe that about couples. If everyone had all the money they needed, different choices would probably be made.

Did the Camelot man say what is the jackpot figure that starts getting people buying tickets. Actually scrap that, I assume its what the jackpot is currently set at. So, over £100m.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!