If you won the lottery, what would you do next?

Please treat other members in a friendly and respectful manner: Our Community Guidelines.

• Sorry, I don't agree

To me both are equally important

Please elaborate. I honestly can't see what the suffering of Africans has to do with us or our government. It is the duty of every government to care for their people, and it is unreasonable for any country to ask people of other nations to bale them out. Animals are different. As a specie we have destroyed their habitats and shown disgusting cruelty, either for some form of sick enjoyment or financial gain.

Don't make me angry

• Please elaborate. I honestly can't see what the suffering of Africans has to do with us or our government. It is the duty of every government to care for their people, and it is unreasonable for any country to ask people of other nations to bale them out. Animals are different. As a specie we have destroyed their habitats and shown disgusting cruelty, either for some form of sick enjoyment or financial gain.

We all depend on each other no matter where we live, as animals depend on us to look after them

It's all very well to say that every government must look after it's people but plenty can't or won't, and we can't just ignore them

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• We all depend on each other no matter where we live, as animals depend on us to look after them

It's all very well to say that every government must look after it's people but plenty can't or won't, and we can't just ignore them

I certainly can, and just about everyone I know agrees with me. We have nearly 8 billion people living on the planet, yet we send millions of pounds to African nations in order they can keep people alive longer and increase their population. CRAZY !!

Don't make me angry

• I certainly can, and just about everyone I know agrees with me. We have nearly 8 billion people living on the planet, yet we send millions of pounds to African nations in order they can keep people alive longer and increase their population. CRAZY !!

Oh dear, I'm afraid I have no answer if you think like that

We have a vast pension bill in the UK, plus an overstretched and expensive NHS largely thanks to the pension population, I dread to think what you would propose to do about that

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• Oh dear, I'm afraid I have no answer if you think like that

We have a vast pension bill in the UK, plus an overstretched and expensive NHS largely thanks to the pension population, I dread to think what you would propose to do about that

If you ever find the time to read back through my posts, I have given the answer to this. The Western world is incredibly overpopulated, and this is the biggest reason behind our changing climate. More people, more emissions. Our NHS and general infrastructure is creaking at the seams, and we don't have the homes to fit everyone in. Stopping people from breeding wouldn't work, because we need a workforce. The logical answer is to trim from the top of the tree, not the bottom. Old people are costing the nation an absolute fortune, and clogging up all the hospital beds. The bill just for the medication is crazy. So, how about this. Everyone gets to retire at about 55 years old, on a very good state pension. When you get to 70/73 years old, you are painlessly euthanized. Shock horror I hear you say. In my world you get to plan your retirement, you can enjoy said retirement while you are still young enough, you can draw up a bucket list because you know when you are going to die, and the chances of you having a long drawn out painful death are vastly reduced. Hospital beds won't all be filled up, and there is a chance of getting a doctors appointment the same week you are ill. For years I have thought this through, and there is no logical argument against it. The problem is that human beings are not creatures of logic, we are animals of emotion, and for that reason my idea will never be considered. Instead we will continue along the road we are on until we can keep people alive even longer, thus creating even more problems. No, it's not Logan's Run, because the got the chop at 30. A watered down version of this is to only issue palliative care to people over 70, unless they finance it their self.

Don't make me angry

• If you ever find the time to read back through my posts, I have given the answer to this. The Western world is incredibly overpopulated, and this is the biggest reason behind our changing climate. More people, more emissions. Our NHS and general infrastructure is creaking at the seams, and we don't have the homes to fit everyone in. Stopping people from breeding wouldn't work, because we need a workforce. The logical answer is to trim from the top of the tree, not the bottom. Old people are costing the nation an absolute fortune, and clogging up all the hospital beds. The bill just for the medication is crazy. So, how about this. Everyone gets to retire at about 55 years old, on a very good state pension. When you get to 70/73 years old, you are painlessly euthanized. Shock horror I hear you say. In my world you get to plan your retirement, you can enjoy said retirement while you are still young enough, you can draw up a bucket list because you know when you are going to die, and the chances of you having a long drawn out painful death are vastly reduced. Hospital beds won't all be filled up, and there is a chance of getting a doctors appointment the same week you are ill. For years I have thought this through, and there is no logical argument against it. The problem is that human beings are not creatures of logic, we are animals of emotion, and for that reason my idea will never be considered. Instead we will continue along the road we are on until we can keep people alive even longer, thus creating even more problems. No, it's not Logan's Run, because the got the chop at 30. A watered down version of this is to only issue palliative care to people over 70, unless they finance it their self.

Clearly you have no age. When you get there you will have a different view

BTW Hitler had a similar idea

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• Clearly you have no age. When you get there you will have a different view

BTW Hitler had a similar idea

Hitler had some very good ideas, unfortunately he had some bad ones as well. As it happens my idea would have me euthanized in 8 years time, and I would sign up now if the government gave me £35k for the next 8 years. My late father was a great advocate my idea, and even in his 70s would have taken the needle. Your resistance to my suggestions are based on emotive reasons, and I honestly understand that. I believe that if you knew your destiny from a young age you would happily accept it, in fact, you may even look forward to it. In your world (most people's world) you can't make plans and have little chance of completing a bucket list, mainly because you don't know when you may run out of money. There is also a very good chance that your health will not allow you to complete said bucket list. In my world you can either spend your last pound the day before you depart, or leave it to your children. In your world there is a good chance your money ends up with a care home, along with your house that you have had to sell under government legislation. Of course, there are people who live to a ripe old age without health problems, and then one day just don't wake up. I think you know these people are few and far between. Honestly, I am not stupid, and realise this will never happen in my life time, my son's life time, and probably a few generations after that, however, we need to rethink our strategy because we can't go on the way we are at present.

Don't make me angry