Posts by It'sThatGirlAgain

Trannies is a perfectly acceptable piece of terminology that has been around as long as, well, trannies. Everybody I know uses it. In front of trannies too. They don't mind. I don' t know who you think is persecuting you but it isnt anybody in any of the campaign groups I have joined in the last year.

I have had experience of a man coming into a woman's toilet and saying that he is in the process of transgendering. This is quite distressing not just to me but to pretty much all women. We have gotten to a point where any man can go into any womans safe space he likes with complete impunity and just by saying that he is a transgender can do as he likes.

I am ok with genuine transgenders, but in my opinion only post op trannies should be given access to womens safe spaces. They have shown the full commitment to transgendering and are now, as close to being physically female as current technology permits. thats ok. what isnt ok is allowing any bloke who has a bet with his mates that he can go into the womens toilet or changing room at the gym and walk about bollocky buff, looking at women getting dressed or changed, being allowed to.

womens safe spaces belong to women. Real ones. I am with the TERFS on this.

On 23 June 2016 the pound stood at 1.76 against the Euro. That is, you could get 1.76 Euro for your pound.

Today's rate is 1.18. Sterling has lost almost a third of its value against the Euro in six short years. Nice one, Brexit. I'm sure holidaymakers are loving the hit in the pocket.

Fears grow that sterling is taking on 'emerging market' characteristics

We know all about the pressures on the pound ranging from the costs of covid to helping Ukraine, whereas other countries economies and currencies are experiencing all the same pressures, the pound is doing significantly worse. Inflation, supply chain problems caused by Brexit and slowing growth, soon to become a fully fledged recession (while European growth is small - but it is growth), are hitting the beleagured pound. A leading expert says:

“The challenges facing the BoE are unique along with a supply dynamic that remains wholly unwilling to discuss: Brexit. This has resulted in a confusing communication strategy: hiking rates against a sharply slowing economy is never a good look for any currency,” Sharma said.

“An alleviation of the current risk off environment and fiscal stimulus may provide some relief but the damage has been done and the outlook for GBP looks grim.”

The change of party leader in 10 downing street isn't going to make anything better because they are still going to follow a hard Brexit line. Leave means Leave (unless you're Boris Johnson when leave means drag it out as long as possible) and the Brextinctionists are determined to destroy the country in pursuit of their impossible dream. They have learned nothing.

When Britain rejoins the EU, we will be required to join the Euro. This will be a good thing. Not only is it likely to save whatever is left of the British economy by that time, but it will also tie the country to Europe in a way that can never be undone. The pound will cease to exist. Economically, it will be the only way. Politically it will the tie to the continent we should have put in place in 1973. It would have prevented all this happening. Better late than never.

Brexit certainly isn't going well for arch Brexiter Tim Martin. His shitty pubs are losing money hand over fist. There is an unofficial boycott on spoons pubs not just because their food is rubbish and makes you want to puke but also because he has really made a big deal about his support for the biggest act of self harm this country has ever indulged in. Beer mats and menus with Brexit propaganda messages on? Really?

He didnt help himself eitehr with his principal source of workers (students and foreigners) by sacking them all during the pandemic then offering to take them back on worse conditions and lower pay. How 'brexit' is that?

So he's lost £30 million this year on top of a mahoosive loss last year too. Good. I hope his pubs go tits up. Students won't miss the jobs and the foreigners have done what Brexiters wanted. They have gone home.

It looks like most of the losses are due to boomers not going out so much. thats alright but a some of it is being boycotted by students and rejoiners which he will never admit to.

There is one good way that students got back at him though. Word went around campuses to go into spoons, order three pints and wait until the third one was being poured, then say I left my wallet in the car and walk out and not come back. Spoons are getting wise to it now and wanting money up front but it was good while it lasted and must have cost the bastard a fortune.

Spoons loses around £30 million this year.

Here's one way to find out who should become the next Prime Minister

1. Put all of them on a plane to Rwanda

2. Give them some money but no passport

3. Every time they cross a border they have to prove they are a highly skilled worker.

4. First one back to Westminster wins.

That should sort 'em out.

Agree with you about Priti. I think Truss would be more of a disaster (especially with regard to any future Ukraine dealings) by far than Starmer. And I suspect the electorate will vote Labour in the next election simply because the Tories haven't a decent native to lead. Puts Brexit in some jeopardy.

My hihglight. Not yet it doesn't. There isn't a strong enough case for calling for a return to Europe yet. The numbers are not yet in our favour, but they are heading in that direction and improving all the time. The message that Brexit has failed is gaining traction and all the time there are lorry queues in kent, business is being strangled by the red tape they were told they would be free of and this tory government refuses point blank to make any sort of sensible arrangement with Europe that the country is crying out for so we can have some sort of normal relationship with the continent it will continue.

While British tourists stand sweltering in the "Leper Lane" at the airport while EU nationals swan quickly and easily through, and visa charges, mobile phone roaming charges and just about any other charge you care to think of, continues to hit holidaymakers in the pocket..... and all the time they know that Brexit is responsible for it, the number of people prepared to swallow their pride, admit that we screwed up, and move back will grow.

Brexiters can't even play the 'democracy' card any more. Whatever mandate the referendum conferred has been well and truly implemented; we left the EU. We rejoiners are now free to campaign for the UK to rejoin the EU without being accused of trying to "thwart Brexit", because how can you thwart something that has happened?

Our politicians, if they have read their job description, should all now be acting in the best interests of the country, not their Russian paymasters, and if the best interests of the country lie inside the EU then that is what they should be working towards. There is a slowly growing groundswell of public opinion in support of that, and that's even more reason for them to pursue that goal.

The cabal of Brexiters who have been running the show since 2016 are on borrowed time. They will hopefully be sent packing by the electorate. At some point after that the Labour Party and Liberal Democrats, no matter what they are saying now as a matter of political expediency, will stop pandering to a dwindling embittered minority and begin the process of reestablishing our ties to the rest of the continent.

They are already concerned about the loss of revenue caused by people not smoking so it is a tax on sugar and fatty foods now. If they are genuinely concerned about rising costs in the NHS they should maybe consider only offering treatment to UK citizens rather than anyone who just turns up in this country. Maybe there should be a gatekeeper at all hospitals checking papers before being allowed in? You cannot use a toll road without paying but the NHS is truly free for most chancers

"Your papers are not in order."

What the hard right wants to see in Britain.

Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-030-0780-28%2C_Krakau%2C_Razzia_von_deutscher_Ordnungspolizei.jpg

Hollering through a megaphone all day is intensely annoying and disruptive. The new legislation is introduced to stop the disruption, not to stop protest.

It might annoy you, but that is probably because he is saying something that you don't like to hear, and you are frightened that his protest is gaining traction and therefore presents a threat to your beloved Brexit. The more he protests, and the more people hear him and see that their lives are being ruined by Brexit, the more his views take hold. That is the real nub of your objection. If he was protesting in favour of something you like you would be calling him a hero.

I don't think you care about the freedom of people to demonstrate at all, you only care that he is prevailing and his views are becoming increasingly accepted. You might not like the 'noise' he makes, but to me, it is music to my ears. What makes your opinion any more important that mine? And don't claim to be in the 'majority' on this. Nobody is going to swallow that.

You say its about peoples lives not being disrupted. Why not complain about the noise of the traffic, which is much louder than one man with a megaphone? Why not complain about noisy car horns? Why not complain about the thousand and one things that make up the cacophony of noise in the big city. But no. You single out one man because you don't like what he has to say.

Protest has always been about making your voice heard, how can that happen when you are silenced by oppressive laws? This has got nothing to do with peaceful protest. It's about silencing a voice that you don't like the sound of.

Let's Talk About Prosecution Boris Johnson

Seriously. It really is time to do this. Read the article. There is more than enough proven criminality to have him thrown into prison for Misconduct In Public Office, for many, many years. And nobody would deserve it more.

We are now petitioning Good Law Project to start proceedings and its a pretty safe bet there will be plenty of people willing to crowdfund such a prosecution.

LBC listeners blown away by James O'Brien's explosive Beergate reaction
    LBC listeners are blown away by James O'Brien's instant reaction to the news that Sir Keir Starmer has been cleared of any rulebreaking in the Beergate saga.
    www.lbc.co.uk

Kier Starmer did nothing wrong. After ludicrously gaslighting an utter non-event for two solid weeks on the front page of the Daily Heil, Dacre and his rancid mob of sleaze hacks have been shot down in flames.

James O'Brien rips the Daily Mail a new one and he's right to do so. The hard right has had its way too long and been able to get away with this sort of atrocious, contemptuous disregard for the law, the truth and respect for the people of this country.

In the last 24 hours, The Daily Mail has suffered three calamitous (for them) disasters. NO, Kier Starmer was not guilty of any offence. YES, the Daily Mail did defame Prince Harry, and the biggest YESSSSSSSSSSS of them all, the fat, revolting toad of Westminster has been shown the door. He's clinging on, as we expect he would, to his position as long as he can, but he WILL be evicted from Downing Street in the end.

This has been a great 24 hours for Britain.

It looks as if he is going to tough it out but I think he will not be PM in the run up to the next election

He's dragging out his own funeral. Johnson is dead. Gone. Thrown out ignominiously and with the scorn of the nation ringing in his ears.

We rejoiced when he resigned yesterday and greatly enjoyed the video of Steve Bray and the Parliament Square protesters singing bye bye baby, baby goodbye with a karaoke machine background track. How sweet that was. Just a few days ago, the metropolitan police took away Steve's megaphone under Johnson's repressive laws. Within minutes of Johnson's demise, the music blared out across Parliament Square and the police backed off.

Johnson is gone. Steve Bray protests on. And that's why Rejoin will win in the end. Because we can go the distance. Never quit. Never give in. In the end, it was Johnson who blinked.

Ben Wallace looks favourite and with his Remain sympathies, would be seen by the EU in a much more favourable light in negotiations over Northern Ireland and Britain's slow drift back towards Europe which is now inevitable.

On the home front, whoever becomes the next PM will have much to sort out. Johnson has left one hell of a mess behind. I am now having to go to the food bank because even with an army pension and being in work, life is a struggle. I am in fear of the winter when it gets cold. How to heat my home is going to be an awful prospect to face. Christmas? Forget it.

Let Johnson drag his death throes out for a month or two. He's gone. Good riddance.

Whoever becomes the next PM I think should not be anyone that is or recently resigned from the current cabinet. It should be an outsider that is not in the media limelight.

In other words, you want to see somebody holding the highest office in the land, who has no ministerial experience or track record of dealing with important matters of state.

An amateur.

Don't you think we've had enough of being run by a clown who is unfit for the job, for the last two and a half years ?

I notice nobody on here is talking about the local government elections. I wonder why that might be.

OK. don't bother. I already know the answers.

1. Nobody is interested in local government elections.

2. its just a minor bump in the road

3. Local government elections dont really count. they are only about emptying the bins.

4. All these woke loony left woke woke woke woke woke (repeat the word woke another fifty times) communists (etc etc)

5. who cares about Wandsworth anyway?

6. its time to move on

7. don't you know there's a war on.

8. its all Brussels fault.

9. The EU is about to break down. it will be gone by lunchtime.

There you go. I have provided your answers for you.

OK.... which one of it is you...? Which one of you made this video..?? ^^

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

How good this is will depend on what the alternative funding policy is and can you opt out of it. :/

It pretty much means advertising and sponsorship. So, we can look forward to The MacDonalds Coronation of King Charles III. That sort of thing.

We can also look forward to the sort of State propaganda system that Putin is using in Russia to brainwash his people into believing that their war in Ukraine is just. Putin controls the media and the press in a way that Boris Johnson envies and wants to instal here for his own political advantage.

What we need to understand is that the Licence Fee is not really the issue, per se, that the government is interested in. It was just the tool they used to get what they wanted. The real target was the BBC's independence. While the Licence Fee funded it, the BBC didn't need commercial money and thus couldn't be controlled by capitalist forces. With the Licence Fee gone, the BBC will be dependent on sponsors and advertisers, and as we all know, he who pays the piper calls the tune. The likes of Rupert Murdoch will dictate what news you see and hear. The likes of Jeff Bezos will dictate what you will be entertained by. But hand in hand with the their capitalist paymasters, it is the news that the government wants to control. Without the licence fee, the BBC's independence is gone. The Tories, hand in hand with Murdoch, Dacre and co, have control of the news - and the means to exploit it for disinformation and propaganda purposes - in the palms of their hands.

In the days of the USSR, the only daily newspaper was Pravda, a word that in Russian means "Truth". This was a brainwashing tool that is straight out of George Orwell. But it can be powerful in the minds of the gullible and easily fooled.

It's quite ironic that the extreme right intends to adopt Soviet communist style state control of the news. The only difference being that they will get capitalist sponsors to pay for it. And the people who pay for the news, are going to want to control what it says. When the BBC was independent, those who paid for advertising knew they couldn't dictate the news output because there was an alternative voice out there that was credible and governed by a charter that ensured its balance and honesty. With that gone there will be nothing to block them. Those who pay for the news will want to dictate how it's reported.

This isn't the beginning of balanced, honest journalism, it's the end of it.

It's the end of quality broadcasting. We won't see any more of those incredible Attenborough nature series that were so admired the world over. We can forget the wonderful comedy programmes that the commercial channels wouldn't have touched, but the BBC took a chance with, such as Monty Python, Dad's Army and Are You Being Served. No more of that. American imports will flood in, complete with their factored in commercial breaks. The days when you could watch the Wimbledon singles finals uninterrupted are over.

The BBC isn't gaining independence, it's losing it.

The thing I hold on to is knowing that this horrible, wretched government can't last forever. Fascism is not eternal. Sooner or later the people will realise what has been done to our country and will reject it.

Perhaps a future government will never re-instate the licence fee, but the BBC will be returned to independence one way or another and be funded by the people who use it, probably by direct taxation. I can live with that. It will be less noticeable and more difficult to attack with propaganda in the future.

What is the definition of a gaffe? It's when a politician accidentally speaks the truth.

Jacob Rees-Mogg recently said that implementing Brexit in full - that is, implementing the post-border checks that his government negotiated and sold to the British people as an "oven ready deal", would be - in his words - "a massive act of national self harm."

Hold on a minute Jacob. Did we hear you right? Implementing Brexit in full would be a massive act of national self harm?

Errrrrrr..... hasn't the remain / rejoin campaign been telling the British people that for the last six years?

Jacob Rees-Mogg: "implementing Brexit would be a massive act of national self harm

And before you say it, no, there is no misunderstanding here. There is no being 'taken out of context' or any accidental slip of the tongue or any other feeble excuse that is usually trotted out. It is what it says on the tin. Brexit is a massive national act of self harm.

He also has the brass neck to claim that this would save Britons £1b in paperwork and bureacuracy, but hold on a minute, that's £1b that we wouldn't have had to spend on paperwork and bureaucracy anyway if we hadn't had Brexit at all. Without Brexit THERE WOULD BE NO BORDER CONTROLS OR PAPERWORK TO BE BUREAUCRATIC ABOUT.

Yes. JRM has made a gaffe. By any definition of the word.

He has spoken the truth. I'm sure he didn't mean to, but he did. it's been a long time coming, but like our inevitable rejoin it got there in the end.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/world/article-…nt-expected-by/

The first major free trade deal following Brexit beckons.

India gets what it wants. What does Britain get? More immigration from India and - if the negotiations go as well as Britain is hoping, a massive 0.2% increase on trade for Britain over ten years.

Wow. What a win for Britain that will be, eh? A trade deal that is worth tuppence over ten years.

I thought Brexit was supposed to be about taking back control of Britain's borders? And yet, here we are, ostensibly about to sign a trade deal with a country that demands, as one of the conditions, that we give them control of our borders. Yep. That's Brexit.

Another False Dawn

Is it worth the fuss? By the government's own calculations, a trade deal with India would add just 0.2% to the UK's income or GDP - and that's over the course of a decade, and only if there is a substantial reduction in trade barriers.