Posts by Fidget

If you don;t m

1. The treatment dealt to remainers during the Brexit campaign. Outright bullying by Brexiters: "Traitors"...... "Snowflakes"..... "Remoaners"...... Betrayers"..... Anyone who didn't toe the Brexit line has been vilified and castigated. And for what..? Daring to exercise their lawful and democratic right to oppose something they do not believe in

I didn't say that. False attribution is such a cheesy way to attempt to distort somebody's words.

If you don't mean it, then don't say it! Stop changing your tune.

No chance, the Country is bitterly divided and Remain supporters are not going to go away in a similarly way that the Eurosceptics kept plugging their view despite losing the argument in 1992

No problem. I will be happy to support another referendum in 40+ years time.

ps. I think you erred and meant 1975, the date of the last EU/EEC referendum.

A fact, not name calling

I was common knowledge that UKIP who started the Brexit bandwagon rolling were racist, a bandwagon that rolled on and on

To deny racism is the same as trying to deny that the campaign against Megan Markel is not racist

British people are basically racist.It goes back as far as the 50s in my memory when notices were openly displayed on B&Bs such as "No Micks, No Coloureds"

I've heard plenty of excuses for the reason Remainers lost the referendum, but that takes the biscuit! It's because of Brexiter bullying? haha. That really makes me doubt your reasoning and logical thought processes.

People voting in referendums or elections have the privacy of the voting booth, as explained very well by AS in post #122. Bullying is likely to be counterproductive as it makes people vote the 'other way'.

All voters (including Scots) can say what they like in polls and to their bullying friends, but it's the vote in the polling booth that counts. That's democracy!

Maybe the crowds at their wedding weren't large enough to satisfy their ego's, or enough of them faint with excitement at the sight of them? Did we boo and hiss at her for being a person of colour?

Was she deprived of a splendid wedding at the public's expense?

Was she deprived of a fantastic home, again using public money?

Maybe Meghan thinks it perfectly acceptable to describe the UK as 'toxic' while still sucking from the taxpayers teat.

Why do Harry and Meghan declare their wants and needs via an avalanche of publicity, while complaining about press intrusion?

Why do they have a website at all?

Why have they created over 100 patents?

Why are Hillary Clinton, Michelle Obama, Oprah Winfrey and other 'celebrities' now their best buddies? Has Meghan asked herself this question?

Why was a member of the Royal family (Meghan) allowed to choose who she wouldn't meet (ie. Trump)?

Why the hell did she marry into the Royal Family? She will always be ranked lower than Harry, but maybe she can mould him into becoming second fiddle.

Meghan strikes me as the worst kind of millennial! I can't see this marriage lasting, unless Harry becomes a complete doormat. She is already building up her network of wealthy and influential people, thanks to Harry and her Royal title, but I doubt Harry will get any credit. Do you think these people would be the friends of choice of our 'normal Royals'? Prince Andrew may 'court' them ... maybe.

These are not the actions of a couple that want a 'private' life. These are the actions of someone seeking fame, fortune and celebrity status. In other words, a typical actor/actress.

The EU doesn't want tariffs either, because it will mean paying more for the goods imported from Britain. Common sense will prevail in the end.

Especially as they have a massive surplus from trading with the UK. If we can buy cheaper elsewhere, they will lose that trade.

Do you give the EU the same rights? Break all ties with UK, No trade, ban on financial system. A complete break of all ties and make UK the North Korea of Europe?

Your imagination is running away with you. No ties, means no compulsion to accept EU diktats. Voluntary trade via WTO is far preferable to a bad trade deal.

And yes, I am happy for the EU not to have to obey UK diktats too.

I wish I could be more confident, but Parliament still has a majority that are outright Remainers and 'pretend' Leavers. That's why we were forced to have a WA that gives the EU some continuing control over our constitution, rather than just Leave and break all ties.

The crunch will come if the government has to choose between a bad free trade deal, or no deal. I suspect we will end up with a bad deal if that situation arises, although I understand Parliament itself won't be given a choice. It will be decided by the government, which still has plenty of Remainers within it.

I'll put celebrations on hold until I see what we end up with. Still, it's a darn site further than we got with May, but Parliament still has plenty of Remainers who won't want us to have full independence.

How will they be 'financially independent' without publicity and use of their titles? They do want publicity, and want it badly, but they want to control the press, just as they want to control how their income should be used. Income which is gifted to them from the Duchy and the taxpayer). Likewise, they want to control what their 'duties' are in exchange for their privileged titles and the associated perks.

It all smacks of one (or both) of them being a total control freak, and very selfish too. The Royal Family is steeped in tradition, so maybe it is better that Harry and Meghan leave than trash our Monarchy and traditions altogether. I just don't see why they should take the good bits (the titles, the property and the money) while discarding the not so good bits.

Iran gives a shit about your trust. They want hide it from our own population. I dont know what you dont understand about that?

I believe one of the biggest problems in the west is, that they teach you your individual opinion matters and that you value for anyone. Thats not right in reality nd that the main problem you face with Iran, China, Russia and so on, who dont care about your opinion and roll over it.

Deary me. Have I hit a nerve? Trust means that Iran' agreements and promises would not be subjected to lots of checks. I doubt that can be avoided now.

I am also quite happy with brown people, providing they don't organise rape parties for white girls, or anything else that is illegal in the UK.

I have never criticised any Muslims (or any other criminal) for what they are. I have only ever criticised some of them for what they do. They chose to do what they did. I chose to criticise their illegal actions and will continue to criticise all criminals and I will not excuse any just because they are a protected and privileged minority.

By that standard definition it is you that is the bigot because I am intolerant of nobody. I may disagree with some, even quite strongly, but I will always tolerate other opinions because they provide the checks and balances that we all need to ensure healthy debate and the full exchanges of options, possibilities and ideas. If this healthy exchange of views is continually trying to be shut down by one side then the we can no longer debate. Furthermore I never resort to name calling, the ultimate sign of defeat.

As Melanie Phillips says, they have to shut down debate, no-platform speakers, or otherwise silence the opposition, because they know their ideology won't stand up to reason, debate, or scrutiny. Anyone who shuts down debate is confessing that they themselves are bigots and fascists.