Posts by Norra Batty

Getting you daily bread I think OB has turned to Jesus :D Your lucky to have a Milkman Steve. Those days are long gone around here apart from few private companies that offer that service to moslty well off areas. I stole many a bottle of milk off doorsteps when I was younger. Gold top with that lump of cream on the top. The milkman was ahead of the game with their electric milk floats kind of like back to the future.

So why are government allowing immigrants to work here and earn up to 80% of what we would earn for the same job. This gov has no intention of stopping them. They believe we need the workforce.

Home Office Grants Asylum Seekers Route to Employment in Care, Construction and Farming

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2024/01/19/channel-migrants-given-right-to-work/

Chan­nel migrants given right to work | The Daily Telegraph - Saturday
    CHANNEL migrants have been quietly given the right to work in sec­tors includ­ing care, con­struc­tion and agri­cul­ture and can still retain access to…
    www.pressreader.com

Note this is also illegals...

Increasing number of asylum seekers being granted work permits due to backlogs
    Almost 100,000 people have been waiting more than a year for an initial decision on their asylum claim at the end of June this year, according to latest…
    news.sky.com

We have what's termed "medical in confidence"

I wish that was true and this is why I opted out of the national database and sharing my data with third parties, like banks, insurance companies etc as well as other medical departments. Everything on me has to go through my GP first. If I get run over and paramedics want my medical history they can't simply look it up on the system and would have to contact my GP directly...if they know who my GP is 'that is' as that wont be on the national database either. If I had any major allergies or anything that they should be made aware of then I would wear dog tags or have that info tattooed on me if I felt it important.

How many peole had to share their data wth credit card check companies in the US when they tried to make an appontment for a covid test online for example. This is one way pepole where discrimanted against.

It's not only the threat of war they take into consideration but climate issues and other stuff like the rise of AI, Deep Fakes, Disease (covid) etc which all have an impact on behaviours and mental state that can then contribute to the state of war.

AI has been compared by many to be the same level of threat to humanity as a Nuclear Weapons.

The problem is it's Western weapons that are making those kind of distances. Putin could interpret that as the UK attacking Russian soil. TBH it wont be long before we withdraw support for Ukraine as we need the money to fund our own munitions and prepare for what's ahead. We don't have unlimited funds when our own military is falling apart at the seams from 20 years of cuts.

He's not going to be a happy about that and even more so if it's one of our long range drones we have given them. He may consider that a direct attack from us on Russian soil. I expect there will be a retaliation attack now double the size..maybe more hypersonic missiles or some other kind of air strike. How many other missile factory's does he have across the country. Russia is huge!

Personally I think we need to convince Zelenskyy that a compromise is required but if we do we need to back Ukraine militarily to force Putin to compromise too

That backing could be in the form of making them a NATO member rather than troops on ground.

I read a book about how they managed to bomb Port Stanley

An absolute miracle it made it there. I watched a documentary about it. The last time I saw it in the sky was at the Dawlish airshow a year or two before they permanently grounded it. Dawlish was many of the pilots (typhoon) favourite airshow due to the topography of the land and the estuary out of Exeter airport. I like delta winged planes and with that one being so large it was something quite spectacular never mind the sound. I've obviously also seen it many times over the years during flypasts over Buckingham Palace. And talking about delta wing I have a soft spot for the typhoon. Saying that I also believe we should never have decommissioned the Harrier simply for it's uniqueness and versatility. I always had a soft spot for them especially the Sea Harrier. But military aircraft aside the ultimate delta wing had to be Concorde. Wow...what an aircraft and sound as that flew over.

DSC-4498.jpg

And it should be noted they are mostly American scientists and the conference is in the US. I think the point of it is to assess the risk and obviously when it gets to high risk it pushes people into becoming concerned and possibly causing panic, protests etc which in turn can push world leaders into backing off which then lowers the threat level. If the people simply let world leaders take the lead and do as they please then human civilisation and most of life on Earth would most probably be gone by now. Think of it like walking a dog on a lead that keeps pulling. The Doomsday clock would be the equivalent of tugging back on the lead and telling the dog to heal.

People especially those indigenous are fast becoming resentful of mass immigration.

And fast becoming the minority group. This country is so mixed now that it couldn't be more stirred up if we put it in an electric blender but that's mostly in the more populated areas. If you go out to the countryside there still exists a British way of life and culture among local villages with very few immigrants with the exception of the odd Chinese take-away / chippie or Indian restaurant. You can still go to some parts of the UK and wont even see a non white person until you get closer to larger towns. The problem now is that because populated areas are so over populated that will then flood out to wider areas....suburbs and then the countryside eventually. We will essentially see the erosion of our countryside in favour of villages turning into towns and then into cities as more and more infrastructure is built to compensate for it.

Anyway we seem to have veered way off topic in this thread as all this has nothing to do with the NATO exercise.

My guess is that the Ukraine conflict will finish in stalemate with some kind of ceasefire probably based largely on the Dnipro river .

A solution that will stop the fighting but satisfy no one & leave simmering tensions in the region

That's a pretty good assessment there Truebrit especially the last sentence. This is why we need to back off and stop supplying and funding Ukraine. There's no real point in dragging things out further and raising tensions even closer to the possibility of a nuclear accident happening. And on the same subject we are about to allow the US to have their nukes on a Suffolk airbase once again since the 80's and CND demonstrations. This makes us a direct target on behalf of any US threats.

Man....the Vulcan was a wonderful aircraft but my gawd it's purpose was chilling. We are now relying on US aircraft alongside our 24/7 nuke sub out there somewhere probably sitting under the Arctic or at the bottom of the Black Sea or even sitting out in the Atlantic or Mediterranean or even the bottom of the North Sea or Norwegian Fjord. Nobody....not even the PM will know it's exact location. That's 40 times 8 times Hiroshima's =O on one sub and we have plans to double that on the next generation of subs. The kids of today are now going to live through times more inline to the 60's with the nuclear threat constantly hanging over their heads. Expect protests and people going haywire and living life to the full while they can. Sex, Drugs and Rock n Roll if they can build up enough motivation and energy for it.

Nuclear Notebook: How many nuclear weapons does the United Kingdom have in 2021?
    Of all the nuclear weapon states, the United Kingdom has moved the furthest toward establishing a minimum nuclear deterrent. The United Kingdom has a stockpile…
    thebulletin.org

Lets not forget that Russia have already made direct threats towards the UK and warned they can "turn the UK into martion land in three minutes if we continue to interfere which would stop us supplying Ukraine". That quote is the nuclear deterrent in action and why nukes work as threats like this can prevent further action. There's an argument to be had that if every country in the world had Nuclear weapons then there would be no more wars. Not one nation would have more power than any other nation! But...and this is a big but, at what expense would this be and what about some rogue state suicidal nutter. Scientists believe that Iran could weaponise their supply of Uranium in 6 months to a year if they wished to do so. They have the capabilities but simply have not gone ahead with it yet. IMO that's frightening and why we need to do something about Iran before it's to late.

Lets put things in perspective so we can build a picture of what this means. Just one of today's ICBMS / SSBNS is about eight times bigger than what Hiroshima was. Hiroshima killed roughly 200,000 people. The UK have around 120 missiles the US and Russia have the largest stock which is about 70% more than what we have. China is not too far behind. Nuclear stocks are now back on the rise and more inline to what it was like before Gorbachev days.

If you want to see something really chilling, and to think today we are concerned about global warming and the damage we are having on the planet, then what does the following do to the planets tectonic plates, the eco system and other things. Is it possible to blast a hole in the ozone layer?

A Time-Lapse Map of Every Nuclear Explosion Since 1945 - by Isao Hashimoto
    Japanese artist Isao Hashimoto has created a beautiful, undeniably scary time-lapse map of the 2053 nuclear explosions which have taken place between 1945 an...
    www.youtube.com
    Top 5 Biggest Nuclear Weapons Tests
    These Are The 5 Largest Nuclear Detonations in History.Since the first nuclear test on 15 July 1945, there have been over 2,051 other nuclear weapons tests a...
    www.youtube.com
    -150 METER UNCUT FOOTAGE OF UNDERWATER ATOMIC BLAST 1958
    Wahoo blast the test conditions were met on May 16 1958 allowing for the nuclear device to be detonated. Within a second of detonation, a spray dome was crea...
    www.youtube.com

The UK is one of the biggest targets as we are a stepping stone between Europe and the US via the Atlantic. Not only that but we have UK and US air bases here, we have control, communications and radar facilities plus navel sites to name a few targets. Reading will be a be a big target due to AWE's that can be transported to Coulport and then Faslane. London, Birmingham and Manchester for obvious reasons would also be large targets.

But honestly if things go Nuclear it will set off a chain reaction within minutes that will run worldwide, complete nuclear holocaust at the first sign of any ICBMS being launched without warning so there is no real individual target and the whole world is one big target as a whole. That's why the nuclear deterrent works because it's a pointless suicide mission as nobody in the world would survive or the very few that do wont have anything left when they get back above ground 6 months to a year later or until they run out of food supplies and it would be a better option to start to eat each other rather than coming out of your shelter too soon.

But I have said this before as there are tactical Nuclear shells that can be used on a smaller scale on the battlefield like tank shells. This would not spark off ICBMS and total holocaust and would be local in the sense that Chernobyl was. He has more than enough to take out Ukraine.

the germany of today is not the germany of 1939

and the EU is not Germany,s EU

I suggest you respond to the following thread first ;) I'm giving you a heads up because I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt and feel you either have a disability (or drunk :D) or are simply not very experienced when it comes to the operation and protocols of using modern technology like computers and the Internet. You may even have communication skills that are lacking. Can I ask.....do you use an online translator when on this board? Do you speak and understand English? or use any kind of assistive devices for those with disabilities?

I shall add the use of the hash key has my curiosoty as well as slight concern considering you used it in single post on a moderators thread.

The climate has warmed and cooled naturally over time, and there is no conclusive proof that we are responsible for that.

I made no mention of global warming in the context your insinuating and planting into peoples brains but what do you think would happen after a nuclear holocaust. What do you think would be left of the planet and how many centuries do you think it would take for the Earth to heal and for life to start evolving once again and eventually a new bread of humans evolve from that.

1705770417495.jpg